Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/12 Tamiya Ferrari 312b

Got some color on this weekend, constructed the front nose and rear wing.

The rear wing was the tuffest part to build to date... sure glad it’s done.

I am debating on putting on the decals and then clear over. I have never done this before. I am a little nervous!

99A128FB-C9D5-4B7E-A336-5A8CBF6A22BA.jpeg

34223994-A972-407F-9B0F-439C1E1FF76D.jpeg

72D3885B-717A-4511-B11A-F2681D472773.jpeg

1B783797-2664-41E7-99CB-22B206F4B5CF.jpeg

0E753353-D6AC-4CA9-A2C3-52BEBF3298D5.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

So after an exhausting time of stripping the paint off of the main body and re priming it with grey instead of white.

I got the correct color tone that matches the rest of the car. I found this out when I was laying down decals. I noticed that some of the decals are bigger and I need to put the bottom half of the main part together.

I realized that the base primer I used was white and not grey, so the tone was lighter than it should have been....ooops ?

now I am back to where I started.

For those of you who are checking in 

Than you !

Mooneyes a big Thank you for listening and encouraging me.

Chris

Chris

Just looked in on your build today, looking good, I'll be following your progress.

I'm a huge fan of F1, try to watch all the seasons races. Have favorites of course but am not telling. I've followed F1 for years and have seen so many changes, WOW.

Am also a very big fan of sports cars. My first was a "Bug Eyed" Sprite followed by a 356A Porsche then as they say Life got in the way. Oh, and I took driving lessons while I was in England. It was with the 1956-7-8 formula 3 world champion, Jim Russell. Wanted to get my FIA license but was shipped back to the States so never got it.

Robert

Edited by Ro3bert

1 hour ago, Ro3bert said:

Chris

Just looked in on your build today, looking good, I'll be following your progress.

I'm a huge fan of F1, try to watch all the seasons races. Have favorites of course but am not telling. I've followed F1 for years and have seen so many changes, WOW.

Am also a very big fan of sports cars. My first was a "Bug Eyed" Sprite followed by a 356A Porsche then as they say Life got in the way. Oh, and I took driving lessons while I was in England. It was with the 1956-7-8 formula 3 world champion, Jim Russell. Wanted to get my FIA license but was shipped back to the States so never got it.

Robert

I’m not afraid to say....I have been a Ferrari fan since 1967!  Looks great Chris!

Later,

Lee

22 hours ago, Ro3bert said:

Chris

Robert

Thank you!!

At least you had the opportunity to get you FIA License!! 

Yea, I am a big sports car fan.. by then again I am a fan of forms of cars and race cars.

I am a Ferrari fan, but I am a fan of quality drivers and motor sports history.

• 4 weeks later...

So... After thinking I was going to get some major part accomplished on this build. I got out smarted by the instructions.

The main body, has two parts. So I had everything painted and was applying decals thinking that all I need to do was attach the bottom portion to the main structure. Well....Nope!

The big number decal that sits on the side is too big for the main structure. So I needed to attach the bottom part. After trying to do this it all went to hell!

I glued the two half’s together and filled in the seams, wile doing this I sanded all the detail off of the body ☹️

So I did some searching for what some would say is a lazy way to fix my detail problem. I found some resin rivets for trains, so I bought some and I am going to give it a try 

Wish me luck, I may get this thing in color again soon 

118881A0-3BC3-485C-AF2F-C650898C6266.jpeg

FAA67F47-388E-4129-9CD3-F77CF04B4380.jpeg

A47E34D8-4AC5-49DA-96D4-5CD367BD42E4.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Looking fantastic!!!! Details take more time and usually cost more. But the results are worth it. I think we all need mental help, the more detail the more medical help is needed. LOL Keep up the great work. Love the car by the way.

23 hours ago, Brudda said:

Looking fantastic!!!! Details take more time and usually cost more. But the results are worth it. I think we all need mental help, the more detail the more medical help is needed. LOL Keep up the great work. Love the car by the way.

I totally agree... I may need a psychiatrist?

Thank you very much 

• 2 months later...

Just a little update... sorry to say there has not been any progress on this build.

I have had to focus on a major renovation project on my back yard. 

Happy wife = happy life 

I hope to get back at this sometime soon.

for those of you that have chimed in “Thank you “ it means a lot to me 

Chris.