Model Cars Magazine Forum

NNL East roll call.

Kris Morgan

Hopefully without any hangups or difficulties, I should be there Friday afternoon/evening. In fact, just got the confirmation letter from the hotel regarding my reservation. I'm going to try and remember to wear a name tag this year, although I'm kinda hard to miss (and hear). :D

Yeah, kinda hard to miss...being that you are 5 foot tall, quiet as a mouse and no one can see nor hear you :) 

Yeah, kinda hard to miss...being that you are 5 foot tall, quiet as a mouse and no one can see nor hear you :) 

Let's start a new eyeglass fund for Howard!

Since everyone seems to be watching this thread,  I just updated the website.  The Friday night gig will be at Houlihan's, which is right in the hotel parking lot. Figure we will start at 6pm and end when the last guy goes back to the hotel.  Houlihan's will have Happy Hour pricing on all drinks at the bar all evening. They also will give a 10% discount on meals to anyone at the hotel.   See you there!

Duty calls and I will not attend this year. I am saddened beyond all reckoning by this. No one will work for me and all i do is help everyone out. I am rethinking my niceness and the lack of reciprocation I receive for it.

Have fun one and all.

finally going to make it.  Cross one more off my bucket list.  Plan on being at Houlihan's and look forward to renewing friendships and meeting some new friends.  Look for the gray haired guy with a gray beard.  LOL  I will be wearing a name tag so come up and introduce yourself.

We have three additional vendors that are not on the vendor list.   We have Dave Van's Penngwen Hobbies aftermarket and a new tool guy.  If you remember George Zurowski and the resin he did for large scale hot rods, his wife and son will be at the show with some of his stuff.

We thought we may be down a few characters this time since it's a GSL year, but all indicators say we will have a full house. I crossed my fingers when we signed the hotel deal with La Quinta for more rooms than we've ever had before, and sold out by mid February.  We were lucky to add a dozen or so rooms each time another group's block expired so there were rooms available.  

Remember that we have a special NNL East logo item that we only give to people who display models!  That's right, bring some models you are proud of, that's what this is all about!  

finally going to make it.  Cross one more off my bucket list.  Plan on being at Houlihan's and look forward to renewing friendships and meeting some new friends.  Look for the gray haired guy with a gray beard.  LOL  I will be wearing a name tag so come up and introduce yourself.

it'll be good to see you it'll be good to see you again

I hate to have to post this...  Blair Pletcher of the Central PA Club passed away yesterday of a massive heart attack.  He was in communication with several of our friends right up until his death.  He was very excited about NNL East and had built an entry for the sub-theme "In God We Rust".   I just spoke to a friend of his on the phone and Blair's model will be at the show.  We will dedicate the category to his memory.

I hate to have to post this...  Blair Pletcher of the Central PA Club passed away yesterday of a massive heart attack.  He was in communication with several of our friends right up until his death.  He was very excited about NNL East and had built an entry for the sub-theme "In God We Rust".   I just spoke to a friend of his on the phone and Blair's model will be at the show.  We will dedicate the category to his memory.

Oh no!   Very sad news indeed, I met Blair last year at east.... Ive always been impressed with his models.... Bless his family and friends.

I initially saw Blair's work in posts from the Central PA club members. Since I like to build in the same rusty traditional rod style I was immediately impressed!  I was at the MidAtlantic NNL and I asked Lyle to point him out to me and we met.  Very nice guy and a fantastic builder with vision of the art that he carried through.  I have carefully studied his models in hopes of making my own better.   A terrible loss for the hobby.

We will be dedicating the sub-theme class "In God We Rust"  to Blair's memory this year.  

Wow.......I was told about Blair passing away while I was at work. :(

Yeah, he was a REAL nice guy and I'm in total shock as it was all of a sudden what happened. You all that are into weathering..........Blair did a very in depth tutorial at one of our club meetings months ago. Even though weathering is not my forte, I was VERY impressed by the techniques he used, and he explained everything to where even a novice could understand.

Tom, that's really great that you guys are dedicating the subtheme class for Blair. He would have loved this years show for sure.