Model Cars Magazine Forum

A house full of Plastic & Die-Cast

The current owners of the house want it emptied out and the stuff ranges from the late 50's till approx 2010 and will take about another month to empty..it is insane and sad at the same time, my main interest is of course the MoPar stuff. but as yet we still have not been able to get more than 10 foot in the cellar. 

IMG_5372.JPG

IMG_5358.JPG

IMG_5369.JPG

IMG_5422.JPG

IMG_5423.JPG

IMG_5424.JPG

Looks like some gems among a whole lot of NASCAR stuff.  You will have to go really low price wise to unload a lot of this if you expect a quick turnaround.  As you know most people that collect certain makes already own most of what is available and do not really need that third or forth or fifth Earnhardt or Gordon stock car.  Good luck.

Looks like some gems among a whole lot of NASCAR stuff.  You will have to go really low price wise to unload a lot of this if you expect a quick turnaround.  As you know most people that collect certain makes already own most of what is available and do not really need that third or forth or fifth Earnhardt or Gordon stock car.  Good luck.

Yep I am well aware of the NASCAR stuff and the majority of it is going to charity, I will be checking the "Wanted"&"Trade" boards closely.

Never know what you are going to find opening up boxes you thought had a kit in it....

DSC00661.JPG

Those clear hoods a pristine. I'd buy one. I knew a guy who did that. Kinda made it interesting to locate boxes and kit parts to rejoin with their correct boxes. Keep us in mind when you get a handle on all this. Monumental task indeed.

I am not sure what will take you more time the loading, or the sorting out all the good from the other stuff. 

Can't wait to see all the goodies you post. 

Just had another thought, you could have a whole bunch  of rare parts an aspiring resin casting may want to get ahold of to start off casting small parts. 

Edited by 1930fordpickup

Another member and I here have a mutual long time friend with a more nightmarish accumulation than this . He is now disabled and in a home . His collection sits in 2 houses . One he abandoned in 1990 while leaving 2 floors , a Basement and an Attic containing Model cars . His new home from 1990 is now sitting idle packed with a newer stash . We know the same fate is in the future concerning this situation barring disaster . God Bless .  

I have interest , not much money :)   Thanx ..