Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jimmy Florian 1950 Ford

MarkJ

Kits: Amt 1949 Ford coupe and Amt 1950 Ford convertible.

Paint: Model Master Gloss white, black, Italian red and brass acryl shot through an air brush.

Decals: My own ink jet printed on clear sheets.

This model depicts the car that won the first Nascar race for Ford in the top division of Nascar which is now known as Monster Energy. The race was in Dayton Ohio and the distance was 100 miles. The model took 51 hours to complete 7 of which were for creating and printing the decals.

50flortftup.jpg

50floltftup_zps0bkiqep7.jpg

50floltflat_zpsmg1lllya.jpg

50floltrearup_zpsnqttodoe.jpg

50flortrearflat_zpsjzyo83pb.jpg

50flortup_zpslqpkuxnw.jpg

50flortftflat_zpskt081g3h.jpg

50floltfteng_zpsg5xzysfw.jpg

50flofrontflat_zps46qq6sl3.jpg

50flounderneath_zpsltfo5u8a.jpg

Edited by MarkJ

That looks absolutely Great Mark. I did Artwork for these decals about 5 years ago and I have been thinking about making it available again but I think if I do I will add the tlight housing bulge and the headlight masking tape decals as well. Maybe deck lid emblem and a couple of dash decals as well.. Ummmm I wonder if it would sell? 

That looks absolutely Great Mark. I did Artwork for these decals about 5 years ago and I have been thinking about making it available again but I think if I do I will add the tlight housing bulge and the headlight masking tape decals as well. Maybe deck lid emblem and a couple of dash decals as well.. Ummmm I wonder if it would sell? 

I guess it just depends if they want to go to the trouble of making it into a 50 ford like I did or just use the 49 ford and decal it like the 50 and hope nobody notices.

• 1 month later...