Model Cars Magazine Forum

Nelson Truck hood conversions

Hello, I'm from Germany and I have a question. I am currently designing 2 nelson truck hood conversions for ford ln and lt models. Now I would like to install a steerable lift axle. I do not know how this is assembled and how the installation should look. Who can help me

DSC_0152.jpg

DSC_0148.jpg

DSC_0153.jpg

http://www.linkmfg.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/14LS13.43.jpg

That should help, it's about the best image I could find showing most of the details you should need. I put "steerable tag axle" into Google image search to find that pic. 

Those axles don't link to the steering itself, but steer with pressure as the truck is turning. I would guess from the pic you posted the pieces in the middle of the two axle mounting arms are deflated air bags for posing in the "up" position and the large bags are for "down". Other than that, the installation looks like it should be fairly easy, your mounts to the frame are the pieces by the axle, the bottom axle mounting arm is laying the way you need to mount both into the frame mounts facing the front of the truck, then the axle will mount where the square is in the arms, and whatever bag you use on the area behind that and the top of the bag to the frame. The way the square area where the axle mounts looks to me from the pic, you will probably have to cut the ends off the axle and mount the center part between the arms and then mount the outer parts to the outside of the arms. 

Thank's for your answer highway. I have a rough idea of it. I have also found the many pictures on the internet via lift axles but the axles are usually installed differently. Sometimes under the airbags sometimes in the middle. The most important thing would be to help me with a sketch of my components in the right position. Could you make a sketch for me? Thank you again

The most important thing would be to help me with a sketch of my components in the right position. Could you make a sketch for me? Thank you again

Not really sure if I can do that or not, as art is not one of my strong suits! :lol: I'll give it a try though.