Model Cars Magazine Forum
DrKerry

Looking for info on small block Chevy valve covers.....

I'm looking for any info on a pair of Moroso small block Chevy valve covers. If anyone knows of a set let me know... looking for some that looks like the pic below.....

thank you for any help you can offer!!!

IMG_2780.thumb.JPG.598f354a2a1c3b75602a3

Edited by DrKerry

The AMT/MPC '80's Dodge Daytona [front wheel drive ones] has them. The custom V8 included with the kit is supposed to be a small block Mopar but with the bolt detail almost nonexistent they easily pass for Chevy covers.

I think a set of these came with the original issue of the John Milner dragster. They look like a small block valve cover but they appear the size of a big block valve cover.

There is another set that have more rounded corners than those pictured above. They are possibly intended to be big block valve covers, though they are actually smaller than the Milner items. All I can tell you about the kit the second came in is that it was molded in lime green.

I think a set of these came with the original issue of the John Milner dragster. They look like a small block valve cover but they appear the size of a big block valve cover.

There is another set that have more rounded corners than those pictured above. They are possibly intended to be big block valve covers, though they are actually smaller than the Milner items. All I can tell you about the kit the second came in is that it was molded in lime green.

yeah the Max Rat Chevelle had a set of Big Block ones in it but the top is raised with the raised lettering.. I know these will be hard to find. I may have to really get into kustom making them from the Max Rat. Cast them and cut the tops off and mold them into a regular set of tall small block covers!!!!! 

The AMT/MPC '80's Dodge Daytona [front wheel drive ones] has them. The custom V8 included with the kit is supposed to be a small block Mopar but with the bolt detail almost nonexistent they easily pass for Chevy covers.

that may be a tough one to locate!!??

that may be a tough one to locate!!??

They should still be around pretty cheap. 

Image result for AMT/MPC '80's Dodge Daytona

Anybody remember if the Dobbertin Pontiac had Moroso valve covers? I can't get to my kit right now to check, but I think it may have, Bought too many years ago to remember for sure!

Anybody remember if the Dobbertin Pontiac had Moroso valve covers?

Just some rather plain custom aluminum valve covers.

No way are those small block Chevy covers with that bolt pattern. Those are big block Chevy.

may be a big block but I can make them work easy enough.......

Could these be the ones referenced?

http://www.madmodeling.com/store/ccp0-prodshow/morososmallblockmopar.html

Kerry who do you know that is going to NNL EAST, they are going to be there selling these. 

I'm not sure, I think Jimmy Flintstone might be there.... when is the show??? If it's this weekend then Jimmy is there....

Edited by DrKerry

I'm not sure, I think Jimmy Flintstone might be there.... when is the show??? If it's this weekend then Jimmy is there....

I've used MAD's web store several times without any problems. Don't hesitate to use the store if you can't find another means of getting the parts.

I've used MAD's web store several times without any problems. Don't hesitate to use the store if you can't find another means of getting the parts.

sounds good 

I do think it is today. 

Kerry i have a set from the pro street 67 chevelle if that will help or you can have the whole engine!!