• Announcements

• Board Upgrade   04/23/2017

Unfortunately, we were unable to upgrade the board software due to some technical difficulties. We will try again once we get the problems worked out. 

Pay It Forward

40 posts in this topic

Posted

It’s time for a bit of positive karma to this group……

Over the years I’ve received several kits and parts. A few of these were for builds I’ve started. A few I lost due to circumstances beyond my control. All were appreciated.

This is about giving back.

I received a collection of aftermarket parts from br67 (Brandon Robertson) and I was touched by his generosity. That type of modeler’s spirit seems common to this group. We talked about what I should send him in return and we discussed the idea of a “Pay It Forward.”

If you’ve never participated in one before, here’s how it works. I’ll post a kit (at Brandon’s suggestion) and send it to whoever is the first person to claim it. In exchange for the kit I post, the claimant offers an item of equal or greater value up for the next person to claim. The idea is to enjoy what you receive……build pics would be great.

I’d love for us to keep this going for several kits. If this is successful, I will be posting two other kits in succeeding weeks.

Here’s the first kit:

Sealed inside, AMT 1963 Impala SS.

As you can tell by the pics, it appears to be complete and untouched. It’s labeled as a 2n1 kit.

Who wants it? 

IMG_3588.jpg

IMG_3589.jpg

IMG_3590.png

Posted

.........I would love to have this,,,and would be happy to trade you a kit in return.....the Ace...:D

Ace, from reading Mike's post, I'm not quite sure that is what Mike is taking about. :D

Posted

Sorta exactly what I'm asking for. Put your offer for the next person on line and PM me your address. The kit will go out on Monday (I'm out of town from tomorrow until Sunday.)

Posted

Kit is still available. I should note the tail lights are a bit funky. The stock ones are molded in the body with instructions to paint them. There are red molded tail lights for a custom body panel . 

Posted

I guess positive karma isn't enough to motivate people these days but if it makes you feel better IBorg I don't post much but there are several people on this board who I have sent parts to for free and I just basically gave away an old annual to another member so don't lose faith in the human race just yet. Just do what you can and hope for the best.

Posted

I for one think this is a great idea... can't believe no one has done this yet.

Posted

The problem is most likely the subject matter.

I'll bet nearly all of us have an AMT '63 Impala kit.

I have several.

I'll bet if you started this out with an original MPC '68 Coronet R/T kit, you'd have to get your head down! :)

It's a great idea & if I see anything that I can use I will surely participate.

Lord knows that I have plenty of stuff I could stand to get rid of!

Steve

Posted

Next week, I post another kit.

Posted

Mike,

I very much like your idea, but just don't have

any need for yet another '63 Impala kit.

Those taillights can be made to look pretty

good if you drill them out and add the other set!

David S.

100_2643.JPG

Posted

This is a great idea. As others have said I have several of the 63 impala kits already. Glad to hear you haven't given up on this great idea.

Posted

Mike, I have to commend you here for a great idea!  I suspect the flaw here might be subject matter.  We all want to believe that what we want, everyone wants, and that turns out to be an illusion of life.  Look at the board.  There are a broad plethora of categories and types of models.  For me, this is just not my cup of tea.  But please, don't give up.  It is a great idea and I may join in with something from my stash just for fun.  Perhaps others may join in without taking your offer, but place one of there own.  Maybe this will have a lift off yet!

Posted

Great idea Mike!!!!!!! Me, I too have two 63's!!!!!

Posted

Alrighty then, I'll try to get it rolling. If you want it PM me, then you post one and send that one down the road to someone.

Original issue and it's all there with great decals.

DSCN0516.JPG

Posted

I want it and I have a new factory sealed amt 1975 Plymouth duster kit!

vince

Posted

And just like that we are underway.

I believe this is the kit Vince is offering.

AMT-1975-Duster-REALLY-A-Dodge-Dart-Sport.jpg

Posted

Thanks for posting the pic bob that's the kit!

vince

Posted

Thanks for posting the pic bob that's the kit!

vince

..........and I would very much like the Duster/ Dart, and have several  kits to offer up.....the Ace....:)

Posted

Pm me your address ace it's yours!

vince

Posted

Post em up Ace.

Posted

Pm me your address ace it's yours!

vince

Post em up Ace.

ok, boys, I'm going to grab my stack and post in a few minutes...but I need your help here...I presently do not have a camera for pics, so can one of you show a pic of the kit to be put up.....the Ace....:)

Posted

Hey ace I can't post pics either bob posted the kit he thought I was offering and nailed it!

vince

Posted

Cool......... :wub:

The last time someone started one of these threads, the kit offers were deleted once the deal was made. If this thread seems to go nowhere, that's probably the reason.....

Posted

Hey ace I can't post pics either bob posted the kit he thought I was offering and nailed it!

vince

no problem, Vince....hope fully Bob can help out....the Ace....:)

Posted (edited)

OK, boys,  I have a sealed  AMT/ERTL  8216  DISPLAY CASE TRAILER,  or you can choose a sealed inside, mint  AMT ROUND2 651/12  MEYERS MANX DUNE BUGGY........first  to grab one, gets one.... lol........the Ace....:lol:  ////// please note.... I do not have a camera to post pictures, but both are perfect in every way with no issues....thanks..also, the MANX  is the white regular kit, not the purple AUTO WORLD issue....thanks..//////////////// both trailer and Manx are spoken for and unavailable now....thanks guy's////  the Ace...

Edited by AC Norton
text

Posted (edited)

Here it is

1337555049951-1171601643.jpeg

amt_0651_title.jpg

Edited by Dragline