Model Cars Magazine Forum

Old Timey Lowboy

This trailer could easily be made from the current AMT lowboy kit by removing the third axle and adding the folding outrigger brackets.

sub 1/32 scale spoked wheels to replicate those shown on this rig

Edited by Flynlo

That might be a Rogers or a Talbert lowboy? I mastered this little heavy duty, three spoke wheel in 1/25 specifically for lowboy trailers like that. They have since been "modernized" with a tubless wheel ring and much better tires. (the ones in grey resin and the updated ones) I think the tube type wheel ring is still an option for them though.You can purchase them from Jamie Rahmoeller at www.moluminum.com He has outriggers I mastered as well.

IMG_3524.JPG

IMG_3525.JPG

Edited by Ben

This trailer could easily be made from the current AMT lowboy kit by removing the third axle and adding the folding outrigger brackets.

sub 1/32 scale spoked wheels to replicate those shown on this rig

That was my plan, to use the AMT lowboy. I bought a bunch of scrap ones a while back on eBay.

I don't see either the outriggers or the wheels on his site. would I have to ask for them specifically? Would the wheels be 18"?

Send him an email, he has them. I think the three spokes are 15". I mastered a couple different 18" two hole wheels that he sells as well. His email should be on the website.