Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bond Bug

waynehulsey

Not sure what you mean. It is a early 70's Bond Bug that was made in England for several years. Bond had been in business since the late 40's building microcars. The model was made from 180g/cm cardstock from a simple fold up model that used to be available on the 3 Wheeler site. I printed out a 2nd copy to layer to create more 3d effects such as the hood scoop, wipers and gas cap. No paint, just printed colors with a bit of Prismacolor touch up on edges. Like I said a simple, quickie just to get something finished. Would like to do a more detailed version with interior someday. Yeah right!

Yes we had quite a few tearing about, until the wind got up! ( that's Bond cars in general as they were all three wheelers with fibreglass bodyshells).Then they would tend to tip on their sides on corners, or in one case, whilst travelling to work one day, I saw blue lights flashing up ahead. Now I knew the road well and we I was coming upto a bridge over the railway, well the parapet was a brick wall on both sides of the road.

I was stopped by Police to let vehicles coming towards me drive past the wreckage on the other side of the road. The wind was quite strong that morning and the Bond driver had had his steering over to the right to compensate for the high crosswind, when he came across the bring that was higher than his car, and therefore no crosswind!

The chassis of the Bond was laid on the side of the road bare of the fibreglass bodyshell, which was behond it smashed into little pieces! He had hit the bridge on the right (still compensating for the crosswind) and the body, coming into contact with the brick wall had shattered!

Edited by PatW