Model Cars Magazine Forum

Vintage Cobra 427 Build

cpspoogie

Exactly.  And the interior tub didn't fit all the way up, so I had to Dremel it and the frame to get it to fit.  Turned out pretty nice, though.  90% done here.  I ordered Guardian Blue and this is what the company sent me.  Not as dark but I like it.  I decided to go without the stripes. 

IMG_2807.JPG

IMG_2808.JPG

IMG_2809.JPG

IMG_2810.JPG

IMG_2811.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome build on the Cobra. I actually found that kit at a hobby store in Lagrange. So after I finish the paint chip code Cuda, that's next.  How did u paint it? Just out of the airbrush? I was afraid the pattern wouldn't be wide enough for paint/clear.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 5/5/2017 at 5:02 AM, dragmodels44 said:

Awesome build on the Cobra. I actually found that kit at a hobby store in Lagrange. So after I finish the paint chip code Cuda, that's next.  How did u paint it? Just out of the airbrush? I was afraid the pattern wouldn't be wide enough for paint/clear.

Thanks!  Yes I used an airbrush and lacquer from Mcw auto finishes.  They mix factory paint.  I originally ordered Guaradian Blue (the dark blue like on the box) but this is what I got.  As it turns out, I like it better. 

I’ve got that same kit!!! Built it once years ago until my son, 3 at the time decided to see if it rolled!!! Yeah needless to say I got another one as that one was toast. Just gotta build it again!!!! It does build up nice too!!!!! Oh and ya better charge your phone, ya only got 5% left!!!!!! ? lol