Model Cars Magazine Forum

Duel peterbilt 351 buildup

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. It was a change from my normal builds. The tanker was the real challenge. I did as much research as I could on the real truck before I started. I seem to want to build something out of the ordinary. My next challenge has been trying to locate a set of Gapp and Roush pinto pro stock decals!

I saw the movie again recently, looks pretty good to me.

Hey Steve, let me just ask you a question.  Now I used to do model railroading, I liked the steam locos from the 40's- 50's era.  I've seen enough of them too, in real action.

The things were often filthy.  What I liked to do with the spoke drive wheels and sprung under carriages was to thin out some black glossy paint and let it just run it's way down the spokes and coils.  Looked great. Whatcha think about making that dripped oil on the tank look a bit more wet?

Just a thought.

Nice build.
The model number for the Duel truck should be 281 as at least two of the movie trucks originally supposed to be single drive with tag along axle on a Page & Page 60/40 suspension...but on the pics I have of the only surviving movie truck it now has dual drive on a four spring suspension allthough the chassis plate still reads 281, so it must have been changed sometime.

Thank you. It really is, but I've been building since I was a kid and as happy as I was with it, I'm in awe when I see some of the build on this site! I didn't know that history of the truck. I'd read that they planned a s cond movie where the driver survived and he would be played by Robert Shaw, but I guess they never did.