Model Cars Magazine Forum

NNL East and the most wanted list!

That poor Land Rover was much maligned when new, but it's actually a pretty nice kit. A huge sales failure at the time, but I think things are different now. I don't know why Revell of Germany never issued it. I would think it would be a big hit in the UK/Europe

Whoever's listing those kits is on a major fishing expedition. They've been on ebay forever. I've seen them at shows for much less. Still pricey, but not that bad.

Agreed!  This Land Rover would sell well in countries outside the USA.  I've wondered this one myself.   And I had one in my hands at a show in the past year that was $75. Now I'm thinking I should've bought it.   

That poor Land Rover was much maligned when new, but it's actually a pretty nice kit. A huge sales failure at the time, but I think things are different now. I don't know why Revell of Germany never issued it. I would think it would be a big hit in the UK/Europe

The goofy box art didn't help any...it probably would have sold better w/ serious box art and show it painted a dark green with a English countryside background..

Man, I'm still wishing for a simple '73/'74 Plymouth 'Cuda(not done as a terrible snapper, preferably on the Revell '70 platform), a mid seventies Camaro and a re-tooled/updated 1968 and 1970 Mercury Cougar. Knowing these kits all existed one way or another, it burns knowing they'll never see the light of day again. Also to second RickRollerLT1; a re-released S-10/Syclone would be killer. Hell, coming to think of it, a GMC Typhoon!

How about Revell do the parts needed to convert the  1968/9 Dodge Dart into a 1970 Swinger 340

I agree . However , I'd like to see a 1967 GT+S first ---- how cool would that be !

An update to a 1970 would be awesome ! Throw in the 1971 rear bumper / tail lights and a non-Rallye dash , an anomaly is bourn : the Canadian 1971 Swinger Special 340 ! Naturally , the big block , Hemi , Dana 60 , etc. , etc. , should be retained and included with any subsequent changes .

1970 Nova Yenko Deuce , please !  COPO LT-1 ... and keep the Mark IV stuff in this new issue ; a stock 1970 L78 Nova would be a cool option !

( While I'm at it ; how about backdating the 1969 Nova to a 1968 ? Think : COPO L78 / TH-400 !

Not hard for Revell to do the 1970 Yenko Deuce.  All they need is the proper tail light panel and front bumper. The original issue Nova had the LT-1 and the so called copo kit had the 1970 grille.

Edited by Mike Chernecki