Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/8 Pocher Aventador Roadster

BigBad

After buying this kit in 2015 for a good price, about a month ago I finally decided to take on this big boy to see what I could do of it. I usually build 1/24 big rigs and thought I'd do something different this time.When I first opened the box, I was taken aback and closed it up again telling myself "What am I getting into!" You know what? it wasn't bad at all, after you get used to the sheer size of the parts i was ok with it. Just follow the instruction and use your common sense and everything will work just fine. I was amazed at how most things went together so nicely. The kit could be built right out of the box to a really nice result as the body is already painted from the factory a nice semi-gloss pearl white. Some of the plastic parts had mold swirl marks especially the dashboard and decided to paint the interior "hard" parts Tamiya flat black. I added some photo etched parts from a Tremonia fret that included disc brake faces, some engine parts like the throttle body grilles and some clamps. I also painted the suspension springs and brake calipers Tamiya bright red. I added carpeting to the interior by cutting and sticking self adhesive black velour. If I had to do it over I'd use flocking instead. This kit has 814 parts and all are well molded and fit together quite nicely. I'm happy with the result!

20170423_163952.jpg

20170423_164041.jpg

20170423_164332.png

20170423_165216.png

CIMG2733.JPG

CIMG2734.JPG

CIMG2738.JPG

CIMG2747.JPG

CIMG2750.JPG

Awesome build! The Photoetched brakes are a massive improvement over the painted silver ones in the box. Every time I see the Pearl White Convertible I want one!

I too am a tad intimidated by the sheer size & number of parts, but I must make more of a start on my Matte Black one

• 4 weeks later...