Model Cars Magazine Forum

Galion Tandem Roller Under Construction

All of the pieces are coming together.  Still have lots of fiddly things to do such as paint the pony winch and detail it, touch up the ramp hinges on the lowboy, mild weathering etc.  Have to figure out how to letter the roller......the lettering on the truck was done 30 years ago by hand when I was just a BIT steadier! But it's getting there step by step.  At least the light in the tunnel might be the end of the tunnel and not just the train! Next post on this will be in "Under Glass"......

IMG_4544.JPG

IMG_4545.JPG

IMG_4546.JPG

IMG_4547.JPG

IMG_4548.JPG

IMG_4549.JPG

IMG_4550.JPG

IMG_4551.JPG

IMG_4552.JPG

IMG_4553.JPG

IMG_4554.JPG

IMG_4555.JPG

IMG_4556.JPG

IMG_4557.JPG

IMG_4558.JPG

IMG_4559.JPG

Edited by redneckrigger

Thanks! It pales in comparison to the masterpieces you enthrall us with, but it sure was fun!

If you ever get down the Lawrence Mass. way there is a model show on October 6 (if that's a Sunday as I don't have the calendar in front of me).  You could bring your roller and the truck it's loaded on.  There'd be plenty of oohs and ahhs over them for sure!

Tom,

if I were you. I would plan on taking that whole rig. To the Fulton model Show in NY in November. And to Either the Spring Thaw and or the NNL East in N.J.

Be Well

Gator

I will be taking it to the Spring Thaw show as well as NNL. I am usually away hunting during most of November. I still have lots to do on the white, as I am freshening the paint, and doing better logos on it, for my own fictitious company. I also have to detail and finish the lowboy, but it will be done! The jute matts I added this morning look great, just had to find the right material that had the "look"!