Model Cars Magazine Forum

HRM's gt40 engine and chassis kit

Do any of you guys know if this fits only the MKI versions?  I was wondering if it could also be used to convert a MKII kit to the MKI, not much of a sports car guy but have always admired the gt40 and want to build one.  Also there was an article in something that gave a pretty detailed description of using the HRM stuff does anyone remember where it appeared.  Thanks for any and all help.

Hi Craig,

First off,  Thank you purchasing the HRM set:D  I do not know of the build thread you are thinking of but I think I need to start a new section on my store site for people to post builds of these products!  If you have any questions about building HRM stuff please call Harold.  He is just the nicest fellow you will ever talk to and he will help you out (number is on the box)

JC,   Do you know if all the Fujimi GT40 versions share the same chassis?   Could you use this HRM set to put an engine in any of them ?  

Randy

The GT40 Mk II and Mk IV has the FE 427 and the Mk I the Windsor 289-302, the chassis are the same in the Fujimi/Revell kits but as the MK II has the FE 427 the HRM kit allthough it's a very nice one, wouldn't be correct for the Mk II.
I called Harold some years ago asking about this kit and the Mk II and he told me back then that he was working on a kit for the Mk II...I have waited for one since then but he hasn't come out with anything yet....hopefully he does as the things he do is top quality.
I have bought a couple of the GT40 MK I sets, a Porsche 917K set and some other stuff he has done and everything is as I said top notch.

Edited by Force

I wouldn't bother trying to make the HRM small block engine look like a FE, the Ford small block is tiny compared with the Ford FE wich is both wider and longer, so it wouldn't work that good, I would change the engine completely.
One option is to use the 427 from the Revell/Monogram Cobra S/C wich is quite correct and the right scale for the Fujimi/Revell Mk II kits...you will have to scratch build the 180 degree headers tho', or source them from the old IMC/Testors GT40 kits as the HRM set not will fit the larger FE engine.

Edited by Force