Model Cars Magazine Forum

Howdy from New York

Hello there, My name is Greg.

I am a tow truck driver out here in NYC and just starting to get into 1/24 model cars I plan to build a couple cars / trucks and get a nice scale lot going.

Any recommendations as to where should I buy these kits from and what brands to look for / stay away from. Also should I stick with the proper glue or go with crazy glue?

Welcome!

try hobby lobby or Michael's to find the models

try to go with revell stuff, they make great models, but sometimes you will have to go with other brands.

Do you mean Michaels arts and crafts like the store? If yes do you think the have models in the store instead of purchasing it online if so I will go there and purchase one. Ill check it out 

Do you mean Michaels arts and crafts like the store? If yes do you think the have models in the store instead of purchasing it online if so I will go there and purchase one. Ill check it out 

The Michaels in Manhattan (Avenue of the Americas) stocks a few kits and paint and glues...worth a look if you're nearby!

Welcome Greg..!   All model brands have there own issues at times but me my favorites are AMT...MPC...and other out of business companies that made great kits(some required more skill or work than others)though.  Monorgam kits are usually easy to build as well.  I have been building all my life since about 6 or 7 years old...even some of the snap kits can be good ones...I build them and full glue detailed kits.  Best advise anyone ever gave me on building is to treat every part as if it were a model itself..and take your own time with them.  

• 2 weeks later...