Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT International Transtar Reissue

Leonidas

• 1 month later...

AMT releasing an ERTL product? Hmmm, looks like they maybe buying the rights to all the ERTL truck models and may be planning to re leasing most or all of them just like they seem to be doing with all there own old kits. Yes, it appears truck model hobby must be booming.

AMT releasing an ERTL product? Hmmm, looks like they maybe buying the rights to all the ERTL truck models and may be planning to re leasing most or all of them just like they seem to be doing with all there own old kits. Yes, it appears truck model hobby must be booming.

Round2 acquired the Ertl tooling when they purchased what RC2 had, but it was mentioned (maybe on the Collector Model blog) they acquired none of the Ertl Agricultural molds-- M-F tractor, farm trailer, etc.

RC2 already reissued the Transtar II Eagle cabover, so I'm pretty confident we'll see that one reissued in the next few years. The 4300 and KW cabover must've been fairly good sellers fro Round2 to run them again. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

RC2 already reissued the Transtar II Eagle cabover, so I'm pretty confident we'll see that one reissued in the next few years. The 4300 and KW cabover must've been fairly good sellers fro Round2 to run them again. 

Sad thing is, that was 21 years ago. Think of all the sales they could've had and the builds we could've had if they would've done one or two more runs since then. I often wonder about why these companies pass on the no-brainer stuff.

• 9 months later...

For those interested in Ertl's International truck kits, there was extensive coverage of this subject (including most of the applicable box art) in the December 2017 issue of the other model car magazine.

During preparation of that article, I was told by my Round 2 contact that there were no plans at the time to reissue the 4070B Transtar II Eagle Cabover, nor the even more desirable original CO-4070A version of this kit tool (Ertl's first-ever 1/25th scale kit).   And yes, they were aware of what these kits are selling for in the collector market....

TIM 

17 hours ago, tim boyd said:

For those interested in Ertl's International truck kits, there was extensive coverage of this subject (including most of the applicable box art) in the December 2017 issue of the other model car magazine.

During preparation of that article, I was told by my Round 2 contact that there were no plans at the time to reissue the 4070B Transtar II Eagle Cabover, nor the even more desirable original CO-4070A version of this kit tool (Ertl's first-ever 1/25th scale kit).   And yes, they were aware of what these kits are selling for in the collector market....

TIM 

Tim, that's very disappointing. Based on your conversation could you tell if they have run the mold and know it works but just don't want to bring it out right now or that there's a problem with the mold or that they haven't looked in to it at all?

4 hours ago, Fat Brian said:

Tim, that's very disappointing. Based on your conversation could you tell if they have run the mold and know it works but just don't want to bring it out right now or that there's a problem with the mold or that they haven't looked in to it at all?

Brian....my source wasn't talking....but as another forum member said earlier in this thread, since the Eagle version was reissued in the late 1990's, one would hope that tool still exists. 

But in doing the article and comparing the two kits, there were quite a number of changes from the original 4070A kit (the one I'd most like to see reissued) and the 4070B Eagle, so my guess is that the 4070A kit in its original form will never be reissued...TIM 

31 minutes ago, tim boyd said:

Brian....my source wasn't talking....but as another forum member said earlier in this thread, since the Eagle version was reissued in the late 1990's, one would hope that tool still exists. 

But in doing the article and comparing the two kits, there were quite a number of changes from the original 4070A kit (the one I'd most like to see reissued) and the 4070B Eagle, so my guess is that the 4070A kit in its original form will never be reissued...TIM 

Okay, I just wanted to see if you had any more info. I understand that if we do see it again it will most likely be the Eagle version unless they commit to backdating the tooling.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/15/2018 at 9:19 AM, Fat Brian said:

Okay, I just wanted to see if you had any more info. I understand that if we do see it again it will most likely be the Eagle version unless they commit to backdating the tooling.

To me doesn't much matter if its an A or B model 4070. As long I could get me grubby paws on it I'd be good.