Model Cars Magazine Forum

Sources for 1/24 stretch-walls?

This, popular on "stance whips", whatever that means:

Image result for Stretched Tires Dangerous

I'm sure Aoshima has done some in their wheel and tire sets.  Not sure which ones, though.  

I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.  

Edited by Brett Barrow

Geez...another one of those "looks" that screams "I know absolutely nothing about vehicle dynamics or engineering in general (and think I can completely disregard what the engineers who designed the dammed things recommend as safe and functional fitments) so I'll do this dorky setup just because other totally ignorant people do it".

This is stupid. It has nothing to do with MY personal taste. It's just stupid.

NOTE TO MATT: I'm NOT calling YOU stupid. If you want to build a model of this setup, that's fine. You won't be driving it. It's just anyone who does this in the real world is an idiot.

Matt could also mean tires that can stretch over a larger wheel size rather than tied to a specific wheel diameter (assuming one does not modify the tire).  In that case, several Fujimi and Aoshima tires have some give to them depending on what one wants to do.  The same with some of the Pegasus non lowrider tires.

So, maybe more clarification is needed from Matt?

This fellow on ebay refers to them as "stance" tires. He has them in different sizes, but they all include wheels. Don't worry about him being from Ukraine, I have a few of his items and the quality and service was great.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=oleks-dmitr&hash=item3ae1e62c4d%3Ag%3A5eQAAOSww3tY4NnV&item=252898061389&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xstance.TRS0&_nkw=stance&_sacat=0

Yes, I'm looking for the above look. 

What online US retailers sell Aoshima & Fujimi wheel sets?

I order my sets straight from Japan via ebay. Very reasonable shipping costs and times. Have also used Hobbylink Japan directly without problems.

At times it's difficult to tell which Aoshima sets are stanced by looking at the box. ELP Modeling has a number of Youtube videos depicting what the wheel sets look like. They unbox the wheels and often show what they look like on a model.

Type "Aoshima wheel review" in the Youtube search box and ELP's videos will show up. Very helpful info.

Edited by Dodge Driver

Geez...another one of those "looks" that screams "I know absolutely nothing about vehicle dynamics or engineering in general (and think I can completely disregard what the engineers who designed the dammed things recommend as safe and functional fitments) so I'll do this dorky setup just because other totally ignorant people do it".

This is stupid. It has nothing to do with MY personal taste. It's just stupid.

NOTE TO MATT: I'm NOT calling YOU stupid. If you want to build a model of this setup, that's fine. You won't be driving it. It's just anyone who does this in the real world is an idiot.

Kind of like these yo-yos!

You'd have to be totally blind in order to think that this sort of thing looks good.

Not to mention the "practicality" issues.

I agree with you Bill, dumb as dumb gets!

Steve

Red+70s+sport+car+with+funky+car+wheels+