Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius 1965 Cyclone A/FX 427 SOHC

DR JAY

I used the body; bumpers; dash and fuel tank from the Moebius kit. The chassis is from the Revell Thunderbolt--as incorrect as it may be, it meant far less work for me. The SOHC was put together using the Parts Bins and the basic 427 short block and 4 speed from the T-Bolt kit. I made the headers from styrene rod. The interior stuff is mostly scratch built--like the tach; shifter, reverse lock out lever and boot; the roll bar and seat frames as well as the tub/door panels, which I detailed with scribing and the door handles and window cranks from the Moebius panels. I added some side glass and frames as well as headliner detail with the dome light. The Hood scoop is from the T Bolt,; I have always preferred the Ford scoop to the Mercury twin scoop hood.

DSCF4203.JPG

DSCF4188.JPG

DSCF4193.JPG

DSCF4197.JPG

DSCF4169.JPG

DSCF4170.JPG

One of the best drag cars ever seen on this forum! Fourth pic from the top would fool 90 percent of the people into believing it was a 1:1 car. Great detail work ! Even has a driveshaft loop! lol

WF

Edited by 6bblbird