Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius 1965 Cyclone A/FX 427 SOHC

DR JAY

That is very cool build! I've always liked this Comet body so I'm very happy to see finally a proper model kit of it. You did a great job turning it into a Factory Experimental car. Fantastic job with all of those details on exterior, interior, under the hood and on the chassis. There's nothing I'd change, really nice job.

• 4 weeks later...

I have come back to look at this build several times. Jason you did a wonderful job of building an A/FX car of the period,  this was the last hurrah for the traditional factory A/FX effort as the altered wheel base Mopars were getting all the attention in the press.  The attention to detail in your model is outstanding and is somewhat subtle but makes the model special. The teardrop hood is a personal touch and a lot of the cars of that era had one off pieces that weren't seen on other cars.  I enjoy seeing the S/S, A/FX, stock bodied cars replicated in model form and yours is one of the best examples.

• 4 weeks later...

This is glorious! I was 11yrs  old in '65 so this tugs hard at my hot rod heart! What did you use for the side glass Jason? Great job man! 

Thank You! The side glass is Evergreen clear sheet.