Model Cars Magazine Forum

amt 1971 Dodge Charger

vc273

Wasn't really happy with this kit as it didn't allow me to build the stock version only the street machine version so out came a 70 superbee pro stock floor pan. Kept the kits front chassis and modified it to fit the superbee floor pan so I could keep the engine bay looking original. Then had to shorten the rear of the chassis to fit. Plan for this build is a pro street that the whole family can enjoy, that's why I have gone for a total stock interior. Had to modify the rear section of the door trims and also the rear seat to get everything to fit nicely over the tubs, only down fall was the original floor pan had all the interior detail whereas the superbee has a separate interior floor pan which I couldn't use. Gave the body work a clean up and glued the rear apron on and used super glue to fill in the gaps and filed it down for a smooth finish. Now had to modify and trim off the original mounting of the rear bumper so now it slides in from the outside. Gave it a coat of duplicolor primer, sanded the whole thing down then gave it a few coats of duplicolor parchment rattle can. Painted the scoop, front and rear air dam in semi gloss black and thought it still looked a little plain. Found a decal from the amt 71 duster in the decal box and added it to the bonnet for that different look. Painted the interior in some plain brand rattle can paint that I got from the cheap shop and am actually surprised how well it went on and looks. The lid was of a light shade of red but came out a much deeper red thankfully. Made a start on the engine but now have to find a set of headers as the kits supplied exhaust manifolds are for a 440 not a hemi which also came with the kit. Will post updates as I go along. Cheers and thanks for looking Steve

photo AMT-30054-2_zpsnpmw8ees.jpg

photo 20170317_215756_zpsbchnduc8.jpg

photo 20170317_220415_zpsvq66jqq6.jpg

photo 20170317_220726_zpsz9h3a1vw.jpg

photo 20170317_220848_zpspd6rggvn.jpg

photo 20170407_133242_zpsknje3roy.jpg

photo 20170407_133358_zpsbl6enhem.jpg

photo 20170412_143547_zpsgmwifff2.jpg

photo 20170413_142012_zps1z6fnihq.jpg

photo 20170413_142142_zpsblt5oqha.jpg