Model Cars Magazine Forum

1966 dodge power wagon w-300 4-door is ready

you can start ordering the resin kit now..just to refresh yalls momory here is what it comes with..4-door body,hood,floor pan,grill,steering wheel,headlite buckets,2 seats,2 door panels,2 fender panels,radiator an shroud,2 running boards,dash,front bumper,template for windows,an a.c. for roof..suggested chassis.. ford ln8000 to finish it with..PAYMENTS..pay pal,money order an check(will be held until clears bank)LET ME KNOW HOW YALL WANT TO PAY...AMOUNT..$75.00 SHIPPING..$7.00 each kit..INSURANCE..$3.00 (if yall want it).. will ship by u.s.p.s.  my pay pal account.. ronhobby@att.net  mailing addy..ron smith / 3846 howle street / Paducah,ky. / 42003-3534 / NEED your user name an mailing addy..  to see picts.. www.resinmodelcasting.proboards.com    look under..under comstruction..then..dodge crewcab master..any questions?? PM ME..thanks  oldr-n-drt     PS..DONOT FOR GET PAYPAL CHARGES YOU A FEE TO USE THEM...YALL PAY ME SAY, $85.00..THEN PAYPAL TAKES THERE FEE..I DIDNOT GET $85.00...

Edited by oldr-n-drt

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I posted this in the "What did you get today" thread but I will post it here aswell:

Ok, I just had to post this here, yesterday this resin Dodge cab came in the mail from Ron Smith(oldr-n-drt). He advertised it as a W300 crewcab. In Dodge terms a W-series is a 4x4 and a D-series is a 2wd. If I'm not much mistaken the front fenders and sheetmetal is the same on a 300, 400 and 500 so depending on what frame, suspension and wheels you use you can call it whatever you want between a D or W 300, 400 or 500.
Here I have played around a little bit with the frame and tires from the excellent Emhar Bedford O-series truck and resin rims from Missing Link (and some multi-tack and doublesided tape) to make a D400 .
It sure looks cool!
IMG_0346.jpg
IMG_0345.jpg
IMG_0340.jpg
IMG_0332.jpg

gaute....thanks..in the works..w-500 crew cab (4-door) like snake,billy the kid,mongoose etc. used an a bed like they used also..go to   www.resinmodelcasting.proboards.com       for updates.......oldr-n-drt

will you be making one like the sox and Martin hauler, or dick landys hauler soon?

• 2 weeks later...

gaute....thanks..in the works..w-500 crew cab (4-door) like snake,billy the kid,mongoose etc. used an a bed like they used also..go to   www.resinmodelcasting.proboards.com       for updates.......oldr-n-drt

Are you going to be offering beds for this Dodge? Great work!

• 1 month later...

So you are Ok with stealing a persons work and making copies and money?

At what point do you see this as being OK? I'll look forward to your answer!

we've been down this road!!!! Don't go there!!!!! Like I told another member on this forum you can go to ANYONE of the resin sites that are casting resin these days and find copies of another persons parts or use of a model kit within the resin being offered!!!!! It's not gonna stop no matter how much you point it out and ridicule someone for doing so!! 

If you want to really start pointing fingers what about any of them that use kit parts to base their master off of???? Isn't THAT "stealing"????? After all they are using something that a manufacturer has spent many thousands of money to make a mold and get patents and rights to make the kit in the first place!!!!! I don't think anyone has contacted a kit manufacturer and asked, hey can I make a master using your kit so I can reproduce resin copies of it???? It's still plagiarizing!!!!!!!! No matter how good the intent was or is!!! 

larry..I donot know what I got from yall?? mine came from tom  Coolidge back in 2004..i e-mailed tom once a month for 6 months, with no response..then I contacted Charlie (who mastered them) an ask for his permission to have them cast..Charlie sent me his masters..the one I got from tom in 2004 had to have a lot of work to make it correct..windshield was a mess..w-300emblems were missing from front fenders...power stroke emblems were missing from the hood..did you get permission from Charlie like I did?? tom did a poor job on molding the crew cab or his molds were worn out...oldr-n-drt

I did have permission from Charlie to produce these kits.

I mastered the crew cab. Charlie didn't send you the master for this, couldn't have! Nor did he have permission to give you to cast it.

You know, and have known I cast these as you have committed on threads on this web forum.

I'm at a loss for words to understand how ethically you thought this was ok? Was my name not brought up at all when you spoke to Charlie? Did you not bother to reach out to me on this since you know I cast these?

Larry

Edited by Finks Garage

I clicked on the link for Finks Garage and did not see these trucks listed under "Items for Sale". 

Are you still selling these resin cabs? Pricing?

I understand your anger, but if you have decided to not sell them any longer, what harm is being done to you or your business?

Mike I do still sell these. I had several kits for sale and sold at a show in St Louis this past spring.

I do not sell directly from my web site. I sell from my eBay store.

Just because they are not on my items for sale page doesn't negate the fact that I own the rights to these and mastered the crew cab he has copied and selling.

Again, I'm at a loss for someone thinking this is ok?!?!

larry...Charlie did give yall permission over a year a go..we will not cast any more of the crew cabs..as far as the rest of charlies masters, they are still in production (since I have charlies masters an his permission)..guess we can both cast them..see yall have all the molds of toms for sale, the w-300,w-300 crew cab, w-500 an bed for them...hope Charlie gets his cut out of this sale...sorry for the mix-up..oldr-n-drt

So you knew Charlie gave me permission to cast these. But you still went ahead and reached out to him to do it as well?

You also lied when you stated he gave you permission to cast the Crew Cab, he did not. You didn't have a "mix up". You knowingly cast the crew cab without permission.

You are quite an interesting person. Folks like you are why many have gotten out of the resin casting end of the hobby.

I wish you well and hope one day you find a moral compass!