Model Cars Magazine Forum

76-77 LeMans Enforcer 0r Smokey & Bandit Sheriff Justice Car

DEL

On 6/12/2018 at 12:14 AM, Paul Hettick said:

Their ain't no way, noooo way that boy coulda come from my loins.... when I get home Ima gonna punch yo momma inda mout!

(Very nice, Paul..)

But if ya gonna hang out in places like this, you should wear a badge on yo didies, er sumthin.... 

Take the cuffs off, Junior...

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, BillEMTP said:

Gonna look good in metallic blue with a red/blue Visibar.

Yes it will Bill, just as it will in LSP markings AND.... B.T. Justice 'Texas T-Brown" :D

It's up next after the Nova, which Bill is studiously working away on in his secret subterranean De. Evil-esq MasterCaster Lab.

Heckuva a place I hear. Retinal scanner locks and bio-feedback redundancy guards to prevent unauthorized entry.  Subcontracted that work out to a security genius.  A Mr. Looms. Shartin Looms I believe.  (say it like Bond would: Looms, ...Shartin Looms. Shaken not stirred) 

Boudreaux is on TDY security duty assigned to the newly created moat that surrounds the compound. Or as I like to call it, the CRW, or Copcar Ranch West. B)

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2018 at 8:23 AM, DEL said:

Yes it will Bill, just as it will in LSP markings AND.... B.T. Justice 'Texas T-Brown" :D

It's up next after the Nova, which Bill is studiously working away on in his secret subterranean De. Evil-esq MasterCaster Lab.

Heckuva a place I hear. Retinal scanner locks and bio-feedback redundancy guards to prevent unauthorized entry.  Subcontracted that work out to a security genius.  A Mr. Looms. Shartin Looms I believe.  (say it like Bond would: Looms, ...Shartin Looms. Shaken not stirred) 

Boudreaux is on TDY security duty assigned to the newly created moat that surrounds the compound. Or as I like to call it, the CRW, or Copcar Ranch West. B)

You mean East, don't you? Isn't the other one in Arizona? Now if your caster worked as fast as the Northern clone queen turned out 1/1 cars....Just sayin'.

Funny thing about Buford's car. The door emblem is for Montague County, in Bowie Texas. Texarkana, Texas is in Bowie County. Their researchers were a little geographicly dislexic. It should have had a 5-point star with the wreaths, that's what they used in 77.

Edited by BillEMTP

5 hours ago, BillEMTP said:

Funny thing about Buford's car. The door emblem is for Montague County, in Bowie Texas. Texarkana, Texas is in Bowie County. Their researchers were a little geographicly dislexic. It should have had a 5-point star with the wreaths, that's what they used in 77.

Yeah, cause the folks that did S&B were such sticklers for accuracy, eh Bill? ;)

One thing I always wondered was how do you get from MS to TX by way of Ar. totally skipping LA? (I wanted to see some LSP cars tore up too!)  Very little made sense like if time's an issue, why leave the I-20 to hang north through the foothills of the Ozarks thru AR on twisty curvy two lane roads to go to Texarkana, when good ol Marshall or Longview Tx was right on the interstate and a straight shot from/to Atlanta?   Best not get too deep into inaccuracies.   I had to keep reminding myself it's not a documentary.

Well, at least they got most of the state uniforms/cars the right colors. (Sorta):blink:

So, here's a whole website full of the mistakes in S&B's plot and pictures to help you wile away your much-deserved retirement: 

https://www.moviemistakes.com/film1181/factual

On 10/19/2018 at 9:23 AM, DEL said:

Yeah, cause the folks that did S&B were such sticklers for accuracy, eh Bill? ;)

One thing I always wondered was how do you get from MS to TX by way of Ar. totally skipping LA? (I wanted to see some LSP cars tore up too!)  Very little made sense like if time's an issue, why leave the I-20 to hang north through the foothills of the Ozarks thru AR on twisty curvy two lane roads to go to Texarkana, when good ol Marshall or Longview Tx was right on the interstate and a straight shot from/to Atlanta?   Best not get too deep into inaccuracies.   I had to keep reminding myself it's not a documentary.

Well, at least they got most of the state uniforms/cars the right colors. (Sorta):blink:

So, here's a whole website full of the mistakes in S&B's plot and pictures to help you wile away your much-deserved retirement: 

https://www.moviemistakes.com/film1181/factual

If they had gone 71 South to Shreveport to I-20 it would have been a straight shot and they would have time to spare. Best I can think is they turned the wrong way and wound up on 71 North.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

No Deposit required, once we catch up on CV and Nova orders this will probably be the next release.  Just earmark this this thread and check back.  We'll announce it here when it's ready.  You're decals look great, BTW!

Thanks!!

I’ve always loved the looks of these Pontiacs in police garb, although I didn’t think there were all that many in actual service back in there day.  Buford T. Justice was my biggest exposure to Poncho Po-po-mobiles.

Then I recently saw a handful of episodes of “Police Story” in syndication where all the LAPD squads (bunches of them) were the Ponchos. Very impressive looking squads.  

I can’t wait ‘til Dwayne and Greg and Mike get this one ready for market.

• 5 months later...

That looks very nice, I would like to get hold of one for myself, Smokey and the Bandit in one of my favourite movies and I have seen it a gazillion times since I first watched it at the movies back when it was first released.
Buford is really a great father figure. :lol:

Edited by Force

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I got Dwayne's master a couple of weeks ago to make sure it was ready for its date with the silicone. After a very light sanding with 1000 grit paper, it was. Amazing work, perhaps Dwayne's most accurate car to date. Chief Joseph did the wheel and tire masters just for this model, both the steelies and dog dish caps and the "shower drain" Pontiac wheel covers. I don't know exactly how he does this, but his parts are perfect to the tiniest detail, right down to the valve stems. Special Police lettered tires will also be included. I am working on the glass buck, and I'll do the glass sets that will come with the kits.

IMG_0100.thumb.jpeg.a2ff7cd5b95fac666129ccabf6d5844c.jpeg

IMG_0102.thumb.jpeg.4e176015dd9fbc276466037e7183cea2.jpeg

Wow, Dwayne. Just WOW!  Outstanding job as usual.  Cannot wait for mine.

Your master work is superb; Greg’s castings are exceptional; Mike’s finessing of the details and glass work is beyond reproach; altogether the team’s productions are the class of all classes!

Danno ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...