Model Cars Magazine Forum

55' Pro finished

hedotwo

Finally got around to finishing my 55' Revell pro-mod (sportsman).  Mostly stock but I messed with the stance a bit, along with adding extensions to lower the rear wheel well openings.  I was going to do the same to the front wells, but lost patience with summer weather starting here and my not wanting to leave a build til next winter/build season.  Added a few fuel lines/fittings and plug wiring/looms.  Nothing crazy.  I used Dupli-color scratch filler gray primer followed by Krylon metallic original chrome, then Createx Pearl Tangerine and Folk Art Sequin Black Metallic acrylics.  Lastly, to even the tangerine and black together I used Delta Ceramcoat satin polyurethane clear.  I liked doing a satin look paint scheme rather than just another glossy.  The coating on the glass was an experiment with trying to blend the glass and decals better.   The jury's out on that one.  I experimented with some spare clear windshields and settled on Delta Ceramcoat High Gloss clear polyurethane.  I like the theory but not sure about the end result.  Glossy glass on drag cars just don't jive IMO.  I'm open to suggestions on how to dull the glass and blend the decals, yet still allow enough transparency to at least see most of the work I put into the interior.

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied.  Could it be better?  Absolutely.  I'm most happy with the body work and paint. 

IMG_6499.JPG

IMG_6503.JPG

IMG_6504.JPG

IMG_6506.JPG

IMG_6509.JPG

IMG_6512.JPG

Very well done! Engine looks terrific! Paint scheme is race car perfect.

Don't agree with  "Glossy glass on drag cars just don't jive IMO". When the lexan would get scratched or cloudy on my 1:1 race car I would replace it! Still don't like cloudy glass! :rolleyes:

WF