Model Cars Magazine Forum

What's next from Moebius - How about a 70 F-100 4x4 and a 65-66 F-100

SteveG

Danny at Scenes Unlimited has those tires in his line, he is currently working on the molds to get them back in stock. I intend to use them on several builds I have going. He will have them in 15 and 16.5 inch sizes.

Sweet!

I'll have to check them out and see about maybe buying a few, I've bought stuff from him before, he is a good guy, and he makes great quality parts!

Danny at Scenes Unlimited has those tires in his line, he is currently working on the molds to get them back in stock. I intend to use them on several builds I have going. He will have them in 15 and 16.5 inch sizes.

The two pairs I got from him recently were 7.50-16s; combined with his eight-lug stock wheels, they're perfect for a vintage 4x4.

mike

P1018463.JPG

Edited by mk11

Yes, the wait for the 4x4 version is almost over.  I have a '70 long bed on the workbench as a I write this.  Photos of the 4x4 parts will be forthcoming, I'm waiting for Fotki to get back on line. Box art is already in the works.  Also we're also getting a 65-66 F-100 based on the on the current kit. Dave got the go ahead just last weekend and I saw the 3D artwork at the NNL East.  Test shots of the 65-66 kit may be ready by late this summer.  Along with the short and long bed stylesides, we'll be getting a stepside for first time.  

-Steve

Any photos of the 1965-66 F100 yet? :)

wow!!  4x4..yes..getting closer to what I want to build. the 1/2 tons will be cool.will be getting a few.I wsnt to made f350s..the badging is a big problem for me.im the real or 1/1 65's ,do they have the same engines available as the  70's do?

Agree with ya all..Dodges would be great,so would 73-74 chev/gmc. 

• thsnk ya Dave,Steve an Art...take care..will be looking for more pictures and info when there ready..Chris 

Any idea of what kind of engine(s) planned yet?

The only engines offered in the '65/'66 F100s were the 240 & 300 sixes and the 352 V8. With air cleaner backdates, both their current engines will be mostly correct.

mike

• 2 weeks later...

Wishes DO come true!!!  I mentioned bugging Moebius about producing a '65-'66 truck kit, just a short time back, on a Facebook modeling forum. Now, Boom!  Man, I just can't quit giggling... After reading this thread, I even got my raggedy butt out of the recliner long enough to do a Happy Dance!  I LOVE the Bump Sides that Moebius has issued and am looking forward to seeing a '67 and '68 to round out my collection... And the 4x4... Way too cool!  I have one of each bumpside that has been issued, to date, and will be getting several more... NOW, I hear about the '65 and '66.... While I'm a big fan of the '67 to '72's, the '66 Ford is my Holy Grail of trucks! Great Googly Mooglies, but it is a great time to be a modeler AND an old-school Ford Truck Man!  Thank you, Moebius!  Keep up the great work!

I too have the four '69-'72 Ford trucks issued so far, I'll be getting the 4x4 too, and of course the way cool '65-'66 trucks whenever they're released. This is good, as that tooling could and probably will be done as a '64 as well I'd guess, AND of course all kinds of room in the future for multiple body styles. Rounding out the bump side trucks with the addition of the '67-'68 model years is a thing that definitely needs to happen too, IMO. I also have the four amazing stock Hudson kits, both of the stock '55 and '56 Chrysler 300's, the stock '65 Belvedere 1, and the '65 Satellite. I'll be getting that '61 Pontiac at some point too. This is truly the Renaissance age for model kits, and I personally dig the Moebius offerings over pretty much all the others. These are great days we're living bros! It would be most welcome to see further tooling of those Hudson kits, backdated, to say a '50 Commodore convertible and a '48 Commodore 8 coupe (for myself at least, I'd replicate the ones me and mine had back in the 90's), and even a slick '49 4-dr sedan, why not? The '55-'56 Chrysler kits have great re-tooling possibilities as many others have stated. With ample but worthwhile work, you could do '55-'56 DeSoto Fireflites, '56 Adventurer, '56 Indy 500 pace car, '55-'56 New Yorkers, and '55-'56 Imperials (PLEASE DO!!) in pretty much any body style. That '65 Satellite would make a top shelf convertible too, very SHARP car! I'd absolutely buy every single one of those, and multiple Imperials. I'd further add to this hypothetical work-load and say that we all need pretty much EVERY Dodge or Fargo truck from the B-Series ('48-'53), C-Series ('54-'60), and D-Series ('61-'93), '57 or '58 DeSoto, '60 Chrysler 300 F, a proper Black Beauty Imperial, any Fuselage era MoPars, and a great many others really. I'd buy multiples of 'em all without question. Being a huge fan I'll offer that yall over at Moebius got the skills, superb quality, and completely unique product line to pull something like this off without much trouble, effectively putting your kits even higher into the "Completely Peerless" catergory. These things said, and all dreaming aside, I for one will continue to look forward to all of the future Moebius releases in the months and years to come, no matter what they are!