Model Cars Magazine Forum

What's next from Moebius - How about a 70 F-100 4x4 and a 65-66 F-100

SteveG

58 minutes ago, mikemodeler said:

So then why do you keep posting in the light truck topics? If you want to get their attention, then do it in the appropriate topic for semi trucks. I haven't seen people posting light truck requests in the semi truck topics.

56 minutes ago, chuckyr said:

I have.  In fact the typical post starts with:

"I don't build semi trucks, but..."

Just another reason why the 4 wheeled vehicle subjects need to go back to the "Cars" section where they belong! 

4 minutes ago, highway said:

Just another reason why the 4 wheeled vehicle subjects need to go back to the "Cars" section where they belong! 

Actually, commenting on class 8 trucks when the topic is clearly labeled pickup trucks is the problem. I have no problem with discussing Class 8 kits, but don't hijack a thread for your own benefit and laziness.

On 9.4.2018 at 5:21 AM, Ron Hamilton said:

Same here. I can't wait for the 65 and 66 versions. I would love to see a 67 and 68.

Same here, yes I start my reply the with the same words as you as I agree. I want 67 and 68 kits aswell so I can have all years of that generation truck. I'm a bit strange that way, I really want all years and all versions of vehicles.
Infact, the 65 and 66 will add up to the list of F-series trucks and there is not that many generations we don't have.

The '68 and '69 grills are identical in 1:1 aside from distribution of black accents and a thin groove pressed into the middle horizontal bar on the '69.  Plenty of reference pics available.

If this scale interpretation suits you, you're golden  ^_^ 

P1019173.JPG

...if, however, the company should choose to add a '67 to their repertoire, it will require not only a modified grill but also door panels and dash face.  This would provide a chance for a more accurately designed grill overall. Would new owners like to see something more reputation enhancing? Time will tell...

mike

Edited by mk11

5 hours ago, kataranga said:

FB_IMG_1524035535786.jpg

Interesting that the box says F-100 but the vehicle on the box is actually a F250/350 as the wheels shown are 8 lug, 16 inch tires  and the suspension is the high rider. Either way, I will be picking up a couple of these, I've been wanting this one since it was first shown.

2 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

Interesting that the box says F-100 but the vehicle on the box is actually a F250/350 as the wheels shown are 8 lug, 16 inch tires  and the suspension is the high rider. Either way, I will be picking up a couple of these, I've been wanting this one since it was first shown.

Moebius, please shelve this box art for when you DO release an F250/350 high rider. 

This artwork does not depict what buyers will get in the F100 4x4 box! 

Correct you are, Luc. One would think taking flak for this sort of thing would be foreseeable by the principals here; a little work on the wheels to give them a five lug look by the artist would have paid dividends in credibility. As well, the 'custom cab' nomenclature ended in '69, with 'sport custom' taking it's place from '70-'72. There appears to be a divorce from reality in some aspects of the development of these truck kits that didn't show up in the other kits released over the last few years. The inclusion of F250 hubcaps, other generic parts and the pending possibilty of non-Ford six lug 4x4 wheels being included in the '66 kit is interesting.

One must remember, though, that the company has a strong presence in the fantasy kit genre and has a right to spend its money as it wishes ^_^

70fbrchr.jpg

mike

Edited by mk11

I actually love the truck on the cover, a no nonsense base model "Custom" F 250 4x4  I was planning on converting the new F 100 4x4 to an F 250 4x4 (my personnel preference). I will definitely purchase  several regardless of box art. In 1970 Ford re aligned trim into 4 levels. Base model : Custom, then Sport Custom, then Ranger and Ranger XLT. There was also a special value  add on package.  the Explorer.

Edited by leafsprings

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 7:02 PM, Rob Hall said:

I like the stepside in the background in that ad..would like to build one like that...

Check out my post on 3-31 page 6. This bed is far more complicated than it looks. The only thing in common with the shortbed version is the fenders, that's it.

A good start for an 8 or 9' flareside conversion would be the box from the recent re-issue of the monogram '80 ranger.  It has the correct internal details so one just needs to add the flared topsides, length, modified tailgate and older fenders. Complete measurements are in the flareside thread.

mike

i got my replacement hoods for my 2 that were super warped. the new owners sent them to me yesterday. i havent had a chance to check them, but assuming they fit ok, i might pull out my moebius again. 

prior to this, i had given up on them because it would look horrible the way it was

3 hours ago, youpey said:

i got my replacement hoods for my 2 that were super warped. the new owners sent them to me yesterday. i havent had a chance to check them, but assuming they fit ok, i might pull out my moebius again.

prior to this, i had given up on them because it would look horrible the way it was

what address did you write to?