Model Cars Magazine Forum

What's next from Moebius - How about a 70 F-100 4x4 and a 65-66 F-100

SteveG

On 25.7.2018 at 4:06 PM, unclescott58 said:

X2. Those two generations during those years listed here above. 

Count me in on them aswell. I already got several resin kits of the 65-67 pie-plate trucks but would buy a huge amount if they came out in plastic.
I also have a couple of the old MPC kits in the newer AMT/ERTL/RC2 Lil red express trucks but if Moebius did newer tooiling of them they could sell vert well.
Now, lets see how this 4x4 Ford is going to be, I'm sure the parts will fit better togheter than the old AMT 73-79 tooling does.

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered the 70 F100 4x4. I also ordered 8 lug wheels, tires and hubs from Scenes Unlimited. What else would have to be done to convert this kit into an F250 3/4 ton truck? I never built a p/u before and I ordered this kit before reading this thread not knowing that the kit on the box differs from the actual kit. That pic on that box cover really caught my eye. Maybe just sanding off the emblems, and adding the new wheel set up? 

4 hours ago, Brutalform said:

Just ordered the 70 F100 4x4. I also ordered 8 lug wheels, tires and hubs from Scenes Unlimited. What else would have to be done to convert this kit into an F250 3/4 ton truck? I never built a p/u before and I ordered this kit before reading this thread not knowing that the kit on the box differs from the actual kit. That pic on that box cover really caught my eye. Maybe just sanding off the emblems, and adding the new wheel set up? 

It looks like the kit has the coil spring F150 front end where the 250 and 350 trucks had leaf spring front ends.

On 3/31/2018 at 7:19 PM, SteveG said:

Here's a couple of photos from the DAAM shop display last Sunday.   There are no plans for a 8" Flareside bed at this time.  Maybe one of the resin caster will step up and fill the gap finally.  

2v2JBqriFxvL75L.jpg

This is the Utility bed I mentioned.  Anyone recognize a brand ?  Could be a Reading but I don't know for sure. 

-Steve

I NEED this bed, it will be so simple for me to modify that into a copy of the Northwest (astoria) body on my 1:1 2002 F250.

Edited by dshue76

5 hours ago, Luc Janssens said:

One needs dual rear wheels for such a utility bed no?

No sir, there are plenty of single rear wheel trucks with utility beds. The bed in the original post is built to go on an F-100. A bed for a dual rear wheel truck has deeper toolboxes.

19 hours ago, dshue76 said:

No sir, there are plenty of single rear wheel trucks with utility beds. The bed in the original post is built to go on an F-100. A bed for a dual rear wheel truck has deeper toolboxes.

23 hours ago, Jordan White said:

Nope, there are SRW utility bodies.

Thanks for the info guys, cuz one doesn't see such bodied trucks in my neck of the woods.

3 hours ago, thatz4u said:

any news about the 65-66 F-100's ????

I have some of the second round of test shot parts and the cab is much improved.  Assuming there's no major revisions needed there's an excellent chance we'll see some version of this kit before the end of 2018.   Also, I should have a display models completed next month. 

-Steve

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 5:50 PM, leafsprings said:

I actually love the truck on the cover, a no nonsense base model "Custom" F 250 4x4  I was planning on converting the new F 100 4x4 to an F 250 4x4 (my personnel preference). 

Kit is available. Here is another shot of what is involved on the F 250 conversion, the rear  end requires a Dana 60 which is available in aftermarket.

IMG_5653.JPG

17 hours ago, leafsprings said:

Kit is available. Here is another shot of what is involved on the F 250 conversion, the rear  end requires a Dana 60 which is available in aftermarket.

IMG_5653.JPG

First resin supplier to tool up a conversion kit to take the Moebius F-100 4x4 to a F-250 or F-350 4x4 gets my money. I have the 8 lug wheels and tires already from Scenes Unlimited.

On 3/31/2018 at 7:19 PM, SteveG said:

Here's a couple of photos from the DAAM shop display last Sunday.   There are no plans for a 8" Flareside bed at this time.  Maybe one of the resin caster will step up and fill the gap finally.  

2v2JBqrmLxvL75L.jpg

2v2JBqriFxvL75L.jpg

This is the Utility bed I mentioned.  Anyone recognize a brand ?  Could be a Reading but I don't know for sure. 

-Steve

I can see where more of my lunch money will be going next year!

12 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

First resin supplier to tool up a conversion kit to take the Moebius F-100 4x4 to a F-250 or F-350 4x4 gets my money. I have the 8 lug wheels and tires already from Scenes Unlimited.

The extra set of leaf springs in the amt Stones 4x4 could work for the front axle and the dana 60 rear axle from the same kit completes the conversion.

P4193775-vi.jpg

mike

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 10:12 PM, mk11 said:

The extra set of leaf springs in the amt Stones 4x4 could work for the front axle and the dana 60 rear axle from the same kit completes the conversion.

Great info mk11, we all probably already have one of these amt frankensteins.

On 9/2/2018 at 6:55 PM, mikemodeler said:

Fireball Modelworks is designing just that, check out his FB site for the 3D renderings....

i am all for trucks and being able to re-use molds. but there is not a good 65/66 mustang fastback or hardtop or convertible kit available. in fact, i dont think there is a good 64-68 mustang kit available at all. i think moebius could make some hefty coin on it.

i know i would buy multiples of each if the kit was good

15 minutes ago, youpey said:

i am all for trucks and being able to re-use molds. but there is not a good 65/66 mustang fastback or hardtop or convertible kit available. in fact, i dont think there is a good 64-68 mustang kit available at all. i think moebius could make some hefty coin on it.

The Revell '65 fastback and convertible get reissued frequently.   The AMT '67 fastback is quite good and was reissued a few years ago.