Model Cars Magazine Forum

What's next from Moebius - How about a 70 F-100 4x4 and a 65-66 F-100

SteveG

11 minutes ago, Jim B said:

Model Car Garage makes a P/E set for the Moebius 1967-72 Ford F-100:

1967-1972 Ford F-100 Pickup Detail Set

If they make a set for the 1966, maybe they could include the Mercury badging; or an entirely different set specifically for the M-100.

That's a cool set. Mercury stuff should be do-able. (Is that a word?)

Over on the spotlight forum, Steve A makes the best set of 67/68 Merc decals I've seen yet. For the '65/'66 Mercs, all that would be needed would be the fender name plates...

66mrc100.jpg

as the front letters and tailgate letters are the same size from '65-'68. Ford merely added extra tabs to the '65/'66 Ford letter piece to make it work on the Mercs.

PC093570.JPG

If the Merc letters were to be done in photoetch, it might be a good idea to include the '62-'64 and '65-'68 front letters, the '65/'66 side nameplates and the '63/'64/'67/'68 cowl/hood plates (same design). Maybe even include the hood and tailgate letters from the fifties Mercs as well. Go big or go home  :lol: 

mike

Edited by mk11

19 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

Not surprised. I placed my order within a couple of hours of him posting this on his website and he told me it was going to be three weeks minimum before he was going to ship. Good thing is he communicates with his customers and his product never disappoints.

I got my set today...looks great at first glance. 

IMG-0583.JPG

2 hours ago, Mercuryman54 said:

I think these are for a 1967 according to the side emblems.

Those side emblems are the same for 67/68 and are also used on the 63/64, attached to the hood. The mercury lettering is black for 67/68 and red for 63/64.

The decals look like they may have improved from the first set of his that I saw ^_^  I believe they were made for the '67 used for pulling Elliot's racecar.

mike

Edited by mk11

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2018 at 3:00 PM, Bucky said:

I didn't realize there was a Ranger option available for '66:

1966-mercury-m-100-ranger-not-1966-ford-

Bucket seats and console were available options.  More good stuff for the aftermarket to make for these kits! LOL 

A Ranger would be pretty easy to do. The seats were just 65/66 Mustang seats and the console was from a 64/65 Falcon. The door panels and steering wheel were just the standard custom cab parts. The only external identification is the insert that says "Ranger" instead of "Twin I Beam". That could be done with a decal.

Ranger.jpg.b86e438704f47c24ab250ee312beef45.jpg

11 hours ago, Dave Toups said:

A Ranger would be pretty easy to do. The seats were just 65/66 Mustang seats and the console was from a 64/65 Falcon. The door panels and steering wheel were just the standard custom cab parts. The only external identification is the insert that says "Ranger" instead of "Twin I Beam". That could be done with a decal.

Ranger.jpg.b86e438704f47c24ab250ee312beef45.jpg

Cool!!!  TIM

On 11/15/2018 at 1:37 PM, Rob Hall said:

I got my set today...looks great at first glance. 

IMG-0583.JPG

I got my order from Fireball today, the quality is unbelievable! The detailed instructions are better than any kit instructions and the resin casting is better than most model kits! I am so excited to get started on building mine!

On 12/1/2018 at 8:43 PM, mikemodeler said:

I got my order from Fireball today, the quality is unbelievable! The detailed instructions are better than any kit instructions and the resin casting is better than most model kits! I am so excited to get started on building mine!

X2!  Got mine yesterday. Stellar quality resin! Well worth the money to build a proper highboy. Thanks Fireball!

• 1 year later...

Can't believe it's been almost two years since this kit was released! I finally decided to pick up the F100 4x4 kit for myself and am looking to get the F250 conversion when Joseph starts taking orders for it again. May I say WOW to the instructions for this kit, they blow most of the ones I've seen out of the water! 

Edited by Jordan White

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, 62SY4 said:

Any discussion on this '67 service truck? I find it interesting that they keep offering F100 service bodies. Wonder how many '67 only details are accurate? 

https://internethobbies.com/collections/moebius-model-cars/products/moebius-model-cars-1-25-1967-ford-f100-service-bed-pickup-truck-kit

I believe that is actually coming from The Model King as I think he paid for the tooling on the utility bed, although I could be mistaken. If memory serves me correct, there are to be several variations under consideration including a wrecker bed for this series of Ford trucks.