Model Cars Magazine Forum

What's next from Moebius - How about a 70 F-100 4x4 and a 65-66 F-100

SteveG

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 8:08 AM, 62SY4 said:

Any discussion on this '67 service truck? I find it interesting that they keep offering F100 service bodies. Wonder how many '67 only details are accurate? 

https://internethobbies.com/collections/moebius-model-cars/products/moebius-model-cars-1-25-1967-ford-f100-service-bed-pickup-truck-kit

This one might deserve its own thread.

It will be interesting to see how they achieve the '67 only door panels, grill, heater controls (knobs instead of slide controls) and a smaller radio face. If the grill is just a rehash of their toy-like '69 rendition with different center bars, it's good to know rookie resin has you covered with a pretty accurate replacement.

Edited by mk11

On 3/17/2020 at 2:02 AM, mk11 said:

This one might deserve its own thread.

It will be interesting to see how they achieve the '67 only door panels, grill, heater controls (knobs instead of slide controls) and a smaller radio face. If the grill is just a rehash of their toy-like '69 rendition with different center bars, it's good to know rookie resin has you covered with a pretty accurate replacement.

I doubt any of those changes will be made. I recall seeing an image of the grilles sprue back when these kits were originally announced. All four grilles - '69, '70, '71, and '72 -  are on one sprue. 

I don't see a new grille, dash, or door panels being produced for this '67, unfortunately. I could be wrong though...

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2020 at 9:00 AM, Matt T. said:

I doubt any of those changes will be made. I recall seeing an image of the grilles sprue back when these kits were originally announced. All four grilles - '69, '70, '71, and '72 -  are on one sprue. 

I don't see a new grille, dash, or door panels being produced for this '67, unfortunately. I could be wrong though...

I tend to agree. I'd be surprised if everything was updated to make it an accurate '67. Still, I don't understand why they would box it as a '67 if all the parts are for a '69, seems to only open the door for criticism. If it was marketed as a '69 utility bed w/ a V8, I think it would still sell pretty well.

Is it true that the '71 and '72 kits actually have different grilles? I know the 1:1 grilles are different, but I haven't done a comparison on the kits. To me the '72 box side photo appears to have the '71 grille. I hope I am wrong!

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

I got this from FB sounds like Dave at model king/Moebius models   will be putting this kit out sometime in the near future . 

92430492_2603861523186565_825199067377172480_n.jpg

Guessing he will use the beds he had when he did the Camper/Ramp truck special issue back about 15 years ago. 

***** Update 04/10/2020 From David Burket A F350 this isn't the box art , just a sample of what kind of truck

**** Update from David Burket I don't have a release date on them yet. Tooling is being worked on and when I know more I'll let you know.

Okay race fan's David Burket aka (Model King) kept his word and promised me he will be releasing a Car Hauler under Moebius as soon as I hear the release date I'll let you know..Thanks David for another great kit to look forward to.. The last time we had a car hauler was AMT's Racer Wedge with a Chevy Truck and we know what those kits bring if we found one, the only thing I didn't like about that kit it has the rear tandem axles as we all know car haulers only have a single rear axle and I begged David not to do that with the new Ford Hauler and he said it will be a single axle

This is what is up on FB right now ?

Was there a factory dually option on the fleetside beds for this generation truck?  I did a google search and it appears that they were either home made jobs or aftermarket conversions.  If this new ramp truck has the dually wheels like the pic shows it would be a good idea to tool up some dually fenders to use on the previous kits.

7 hours ago, chitownbri said:

Was there a factory dually option on the fleetside beds for this generation truck?  I did a google search and it appears that they were either home made jobs or aftermarket conversions.  If this new ramp truck has the dually wheels like the pic shows it would be a good idea to tool up some dually fenders to use on the previous kits.

First factory Ford with a pickup bed and DRW was 1980. 

• 2 months later...
On 4/9/2020 at 9:22 PM, Mr mopar said:

I got this from FB sounds like Dave at model king/Moebius models   will be putting this kit out sometime in the near future . 

I'll take 3 er 4 of those..... ????

Edited by Deuces ll

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got the '67 w/ utility box today...did a few comparisons w/ the previous '69 kits.  The interior door panels appear the same as the '69.  One area of difference are the '67-specific hood badging and the grille.  It also looks like they've made the headlight surrounds smaller on the '67, IIRC there was talk of the headlight surrounds on the '69 being too large.   '69 on top below, '67 on bottom.

IMG-4136.jpg

IMG-4135.jpg

Edited by Rob Hall

On 4/9/2020 at 9:22 PM, Mr mopar said:

With the announcement that Round2 is bringing out the Racers Wedge kit of the 72 Chevy and somewhat similar bed as illustrated above, I wonder what that does to Dave's plans? I guess we will find out soon enough, huh? 

Anyone have some insider information now that Art Anderson doesn't work with Dave any more?

I did this box mock-up for Dave and extensively photographed the Mooneyes ramp truck hauler at the Nitro Revival last year for him because the ramp bodies were made by the same person. Dave is serious about doing this I don't know when but we have talked about doing a proper race car hauler for years.

35 minutes ago, leafsprings said:

Is there side moldings on the cab?  I rather see no side moldings like the box shows.

It does have the lower side moldings.  Appears to be the same as the ‘69.

In fact, I just realized all the Moebius ‘67-72 cabs have the lower side trim, though some box art doesn’t show it.  

Edited by Rob Hall

21 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

With the announcement that Round2 is bringing out the Racers Wedge kit of the 72 Chevy and somewhat similar bed as illustrated above, I wonder what that does to Dave's plans?

If I were Dave, I wouldn't let it effect my plans at all. The Racers Wedge features a not-very-prototypical dual rear axle setup for this size truck. And don't flip it over, because the way they handled the second axle when they made the kit is almost comical. While I do applaud Round2 for rereleasing the Wedge, and I'm happy for the guys that are excited about it, I'd much rather have an accurate and more prototypically correct one like Mr Burkett is apparently planning.

On 7/20/2020 at 1:00 PM, Rob Hall said:

IIRC there was talk of the headlight surrounds on the '69 being too large.   '69 on top below, '67 on bottom.

Looks a little better but they didn't dish the headlight reflector. They'll look like the monogram 65 Mustang headlights

69f1grlmb.jpg

67f1grlmb.jpg

For my money, the rookie resin piece still wins B)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

67f1grlrkrsn.jpg

Thanks Rob... would you perchance have a pic of the dash and door panel  ?

Edited by mk11

2 hours ago, mk11 said:

Thanks Rob... would you perchance have a pic of the dash and door panel  ?

Dash, door panels and seat upholstery pattern are the same As the parts in the '69 kit...

Another thing about the grille I noticed--the parking lights/turn signals below the headlight buckets are simplified compared to the '69--they are smoothed out w/ only the bolts.  The Rookie Resin grilles are definitely nicer. 

Edited by Rob Hall

I just want to say thanks for the praise on my grills fella's !    Just throwing this out there for those that don't know and are wanting a few more options for a "67". I have door panels with arm rests and without for 67, I also made the hood badges for F100....will see about doing F250 and F350's soon.   Bill (Rookie Resin)