Model Cars Magazine Forum

What's next from Moebius - How about a 70 F-100 4x4 and a 65-66 F-100

SteveG

On 7/21/2020 at 5:20 PM, Rob Hall said:

Dash, door panels and seat upholstery pattern are the same As the parts in the '69 kit...

Good to know... the unfortunate 'meh' attitude toward accuracy in this series of kits is disappointing. At least those who aren't salivating for another utility truck box know there's no real reason to spring for this issue as the aftermarket parts can be applied to any meob F100.

On 3/16/2020 at 11:02 PM, mk11 said:

This one might deserve its own thread.

It will be interesting to see how they achieve the '67 only door panels, grill, heater controls (knobs instead of slide controls) and a smaller radio face. If the grill is just a rehash of their toy-like '69 rendition with different center bars, it's good to know rookie resin has you covered with a pretty accurate replacement.

I think  modelers who want a more authentic and accurate '67 will turn to rookie resin for these additional parts. Thanks to rookie resin for offering these and other great items to build our models exactly the way we want them.  Also,  as a side note, the '67 352 used the older '65-'66 oil bath air cleaner, the new '67 kit shows the larger  '68- '72+  360-390 air cleaner.  I'll purchase the '67 for an  F 350  conversion save the utility bed for the new MPC Dodge kit.

Edited by leafsprings

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2020 at 2:42 PM, Mr. Metallic said:

If I were Dave, I wouldn't let it effect my plans at all. The Racers Wedge features a not-very-prototypical dual rear axle setup for this size truck. And don't flip it over, because the way they handled the second axle when they made the kit is almost comical. While I do applaud Round2 for rereleasing the Wedge, and I'm happy for the guys that are excited about it, I'd much rather have an accurate and more prototypically correct one like Mr Burkett is apparently planning.

The AMT kit is old tooling with poor chassis detailing and the extended axle is toy like, but that is what we had as kids. They will still get 35 bucks for them. Round 2 needs to get serious about new technology kits like their current year Camaros. Give credit to Moebius and David for using their tooling to offer different variations so we have more selections. Something that Round 2 refuses to do...just saying.

Edited by BobbyG

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/6/2020 at 9:08 AM, BobbyG said:

old tooling with poor chassis detailing and the extended axle is toy like, but that is what we had as kids. 

I agree about the toy like addition, but we did have better as kids.  Look at what is written on side box of the MPC Mack Rex mixer ( same era as the racer wedge ).   Skimp on some kits and go all out on others. The MPC Mack was geared for adult builders!

IMG_0814.JPG