Model Cars Magazine Forum

And now for a cult classic... the 89 Beretta gtu

Plastic_Passion

Interesting subject, not familiar with the kit. If you're needing side "glass" you could use some clear plastic and create your own. Did the hood louvers come in the kit or is that something you added ??  The interior is hard to see in the photos but does look good. Is this a curb side or does it have an engine in the kit ??   

Sweet! I built one of these in turquoise back in the early '90s and don't remember any problems with it. It came out a fine-looking model. And yes it was full-detail, with a sideways-mounted (IIRC) 4-cyl engine and transaxle.

Thanks guys. I have the side glass and such. Don't care for the half side louvers or really the rear window louvers. They just seem off to me. The iroc louvers on the hood were an option in the kit. As was a turbo for the 2.8 that came with it. Never seen a turbo on a 2.8 in real life but figured why Not? I want to get the gtz eventually. Which came with the in line four "iron duke" snake was talking about. But the gtz has different bumpers and ground effects than the gtu did. I didn't go to crazy on the interior really but it came out okay. I also tried tinting the windows and smoking the tail lights... still waiting on the wheels to come in. The box stock tires didn't fit the wheel backs that came with the kit but they're gatorbacks so I'll put them in the "idea bin"