Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rapid Transit System " paint code cuda "

dragmodels44

Fantastic work . I was going to attempt the very same paint job myself after seeing it in the same magazine. But I don't think I could of done as good a job as you . Keep at it cant wait to see it finished.

Seeing as you have got such crisp masking lines have you thought of masking up the pin stripes? I think you could do it

MOPAR OR NO CAR ;)

Hey thank you guys! I thought about doing just that, but as I was removing the tape from the dark green, which is in front of the sublime green looking color, I lifted a small chip of the dark green. Sooooo, I haven't decided how to do the lines. But, I'd bet if u tried it, it would come out better than u think. I can't believe the modeling skills of the builders on this forum. But I suppose you being your toughest critic, pushes us to do better.    I am 5 colors from finishing!  The shaker is going to be lots of fun to do!!!  The total number of colors will be 22!   

IMG_0038.JPG

Well boys, here it is. Mocked up with mags and slick. My measurements or my eye was off at the end. It looks like the last few colors are on a slight angle. Ever so slightly...   I know the white, or I tried to use what looked like Apline white is too wide.   Still, I'm happy with it. It was a real challenge and I'm just glad I didn't have any real issues.  Now... the stripes, but in all honesty, I'm probably going to use the white stripes. I can't find thin black unless I can find a bunch of Z/28 decals. Hope u guys like it.

IMG_0039.JPG

IMG_0040.JPG

IMG_0041.JPG

IMG_0042.JPG

thanks again! I think all the comments are keeping me motivated!!!!   If u look close at the drivers side, I noticed I tore the drip rail foil. After several attempts at foiling the wheelwell trim I gave up and just dry brushed it on. Everything's looking ok, but Im finding imperfections. Well, it's the fun of it I guess but I'm always looking to hone my skills.