Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC 1/16 Shelby Cobra-DONE!! {Finally}

skymnky721

URL%5DHi all,,got this at  a recent DAMM swap meet show,,10$--  1/2 started glue blob.  I ez-offed every thing,,and went for this burnt orange/root beer color  ,,testors  quik dry spray,,,and decided to change the intake of the big 427.  as  well.   Hardware store nylon  step washers/spacers  {8 cents a piece} for the injector tips,,scratch built injector tubes,,gonna do a few other "non-normal" things to this one. Well see what happens,,keep up the great woks!     S002_zps12f6u4a7.jpg001_zpslqhbj27f.jpg

018.JPG

Edited by skymnky721
pics

I think the intakes are a little bulky, but otherwise , Nice start !

Keep 'er goin'

Cheers

Thanks  Beluga,,yea,,they maybe a bit large,,but they look  ok actually in person,,the pics are " squeezed"  a bit .  I thought about just doing  "straight tubes"   w/no    flares at top,,but the step spacer things from the hardware store  work ok.  When its done,,the black injector tips will make sense  w/the paint layout+ highlights.    Tan  2  tone  interior,,and  3 different paint highlights on rims.  Right now  Im scratch building the injector linkages+  feul feed lines,,,that will be interesting,,lol.  Thanks for looking,,and keep up the great work you all do!!

Edited by skymnky721

Thanks Cobraman,,,got a bit more done,,wired  alt,+,plugs+added  linkages+ fuel feeds,,and a bit of interior work done.  Getting there,,bit at a time. Got some belt material,,black ribbon  from wallmnky.  The kit comes  w/plastic  molded  lap belts,,which Ill use,,I just have to make  upper portion  shoulder belts. Thanks for looking,,,cheers!003_zpskbpvlcpe.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

i1327.photobucket.cHi all,,finally got to get caught up on the cobra,,added wheels,,radiators,interior.  Im doin a condensed build thread  as to not take up too much space. This has to be one of MPC's best+ fun kits,,IMO.  Still has a long way to go  yet,,hope this finds you all doin well and keep up the great works!    S004_zpsgncjbwvd.jpg005_zpsu608qhgi.jpg006_zpspa8stfxt.jpg001_zpsdgdrfal4.jpgi1327.photobucket.c

Edited by skymnky721

I will make this a quick comment.

I saw Phil Spector get out of one of these one time.

Pretty much everybody in visual range stopped and looked.

Very impressive.

The velocity stacks make it look like it is set up for the drags.

Guys would do nothing to these cars.

Just drive 'em to the dragstrip and down the track they went.

Keep up the good work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...