Model Cars Magazine Forum

1977 Dodge Monaco/Crestwood wagon.

(Delete if not appropriate) Please no tirekickers. How many would be interested and for sure purchase a trans-kit of the 77 Monaco/Crestwood?

It would come with body,rear bumper,tailights and tub/tub extension. Not sure yet if there should be trim for the wood,or leave that up to the builder.

This would be mastered and produced by a professional who today produce very high quality aftermarket products,so it will not be anything as the resin

blob offered on eBay. The price range my guess will be in the range $45-$60. You will have to supply donor-kit and extra glass. For now just checking

interest. If the response is good i`ll get back with more details.

Tommy

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/75/6c/ba/756cbacf89fc59e6e39dd0065f703306.jpg

Bilderesultat for 77 dodge crestwood

Bilderesultat for mpc dukes of hazzard police car

Kris thinks it is worth the effort and I do too.  One of the modelers here in my Area is Raoul, his name on this board is sport suburban.  He has a early 70's Sport suburban.  It's big and looks really cool.  That would be a great Station wagon to do too.  Here is a link to some photos

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;_ylt=A86.JyJBVQtZDV8AgGcPxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTByNWU4cGh1BGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--?p=1970+plymouth+sport+suburban+wagon&fr=yhs-arh-001&hspart=arh&hsimp=yhs-001

Edited by Greg Wann

If it were done well, I would buy one. I suspect that if word got out to many of the other Mopar Modelers, it would be a decent seller. 

I'm going to make a few suggestions (I know, unsolicited!): 

1) if you offer this kit, you should also offer those hubcaps as pictured. They used to come in the mid-'70's MPC Dodge Van kits. I think most of these wagons were seen with full wheelcovers rather than the dog dish hubcaps that would come with the Monaco donor kit. 

2) While this subject has my interest, I would be more interested in the earlier Dodge wagons (pictured as below). The earlier cars have more of a relation to the Muscle era cars, and also, a legitimate Super Stock champion race car (Dave Boertman's '71 wagon) can be built from the earlier car. 

Also, if the '71 style front end is being developed, you could also eventually offer a '71 Coronet 4-door sedan, which also would have some commercial interest, especially from police car builders. 

You might have no interest to make this project more complicated, but while I would probably buy one '77 wagon, I'd probably buy two '71 wagons, as well as at least one '71 sedan. 

I have the beginning of this project in a box, using the Monaco body with a '74 Charger front clip to start. It's probably a bit beyond my skills, I might get it done sometime in the next 20 years...?

IMG_1240.JPG

IMG_1241.JPG

IMG_1242.JPG

Edited by CapSat 6

om617, I too would be interested in the earlier version for the very car that CapSat 6 posted the pics of. That Buick wagon in the distance behind that would be very interesting too! Swipe the engine and chassis out of Monogram's '70 GSX, (yeah I know, it would have to be scaled to 1/24th instead of 1/25th) but at least another good wagon to build. Of course you could do the Coronet wagon in 1/24th and have the doner kit be any of the several Mongram Mopars. The only 2 I would rather have would be a '66 Chevy wagon (to go with Revell's '66 Impala SS) or a '67 trans-kit to go with AMT's '66 Nova SS. Both were also used in Stock eliminator classes by Cal and Mary Ann Method for several years. The '77 just does not have a clean look at the front, but the doner kit would probably make it the easiest to cast. So yes I would most likely get one if you do decide to go that route, but would get more of each of the others.

Edited by socal76

This is for the 1977 Dodge Monaco,not other subject we might dream about,sorry. Reason is to keep cost down,both

for the master and because the donor is already avaliable. A full custom kit as cool as the subject might be,will be to

expensive.

Bill: Hubcaps and photo-etch scripts are considered in the package.

Steven: The car in the distance is an Oldsmobile.

Tommy

In order for me to be interested, the kit would have to be of high quality. But yes I would be. The kit should also include a rear bumper and tail lights as these are totally different from the sedans used as donor kits. And for sure, as another poster stated, the kit needs to include those wheel covers pictured. I never ever remember seeing a wagon with dog dish caps and now that Modelhaus  is done, options are not available to the builder. Anything less than these items being included is just cutting corners, being cheap so to speak, and automatically turns me off completely.

Edited by American 185 Heavy
spelling

The kit should also include a rear bumper and tail lights as these are totally different from the sedans used as donor kits. And for sure, as another poster stated, the kit needs to include those wheel covers pictured. I never ever remember seeing a wagon with dog dish caps and now that Modelhaus  is done, options are not available to the builder.

It clearly says what it will include in the first post. Google is an amazing source for seeing wagons with dog dish caps,and for those

who enjoy it,Missing Link supply very nice dog dish caps and steelies. The kit will come with stock wheelcovers,that said.

Here are the 77 options.

Uten navn.jpg

In order for me to be interested, the kit would have to be of high quality. But yes I would be. The kit should also include a rear bumper and tail lights as these are totally different from the sedans used as donor kits. And for sure, as another poster stated, the kit needs to include those wheel covers pictured. I never ever remember seeing a wagon with dog dish caps and now that Modelhaus  is done, options are not available to the builder. Anything less than these items being included is just cutting corners, being cheap so to speak, and automatically turns me off completely.

x2

Sorry, did not mean to hijack the thread. If the Monaco Wagon gets made, if it was good quality and looks right, I'd buy one- and also, maybe I'd try to make a deal on a bad body with a good roof that I would try to make a '71 out of. 

I think once word got out, you would find that it would be a pretty good seller. 

Sorry, did not mean to hijack the thread. If the Monaco Wagon gets made, if it was good quality and looks right, I'd buy one- and also, maybe I'd try to make a deal on a bad body with a good roof that I would try to make a '71 out of. 

I think once word got out, you would find that it would be a pretty good seller. 

No problem Bill. Is easy to get carried away,guilty of it all the time,its called enthusiastic.

Btw i might have an extra set of the wheelcovers as seen on the green 71 you posted. If interested shoot me an PM.

Tommy

If the caster doing this one is who I think it is, the product will be of high quality, and will be an easy sell. I have never seen the W11 full wheel covers in a kit, but I have seen, and have a couple of sets of the W24 Road Wheels. The wonderful thing about 3d printing, just about anything is possible.

Tommy, I was not trying to downplay how the kit would be received, as I think the demand would be there. Just a personal preference since most of the choices I make are drag cars. and I can already think of 3 of the earlier style. And to give you a request for maybe your 2nd project a '66 Chevy Impala wagon, to fit Revell's recently discontinued but still able to be found '66 Impala SS.

Edited by socal76

Hi. The market will depend on quality. The poor interior/chassis/engine from the kit are okay since no one will admire these Lean Burn motors. But the body will have to be nice and feature, to my taste, side woodtrim and correct hubcaps.

I would want to see a completed casting offered for sale laid out in photo and also all parts that come with the kit, as other reputable companies do, not just pictures from a manufacturers brochure or classic magazine ad. Great ideas come easily, but more often than not, get lost in the delivery. Caveat Emptor, let the buyer beware..............

I would want to see a completed casting offered for sale laid out in photo and also all parts that come with the kit, as other reputable companies do, not just pictures from a manufacturers brochure or classic magazine ad. Great ideas come easily, but more often than not, get lost in the delivery. Caveat Emptor, let the buyer beware..............

No,everyone have to pay full price pluss shipping  tomorrow,this long before anything is presented.

This thread is only to air interest to see if it`s worth going further with it. The person who will produce it already run a very reputable company.

No one is paying anything before the product is finished and ready for shipping,and the product has been presented both as how they will

recive the kit,and how it will look finished.