Model Cars Magazine Forum

White Gas Burner #2

So far I've not had any real luck finding enough info on the Giesel to replicate it, like distributor location, intake style, etc..Here is my second choice. Does anyone have any good info (Photos, Dimensions, etc.) on the 250hp 400C.I.D. White straight six gas burner? I believe that it began life as a Reo engine before White took them over. It's not the flat head six.  I'm planning a future project; a 9000 White gas burner. There was an issue of Overdrive Magazine in 1970 that had a 69 White 9000 with one of these, but of course the hood was closed. Thanks in advance for any help.

For the I-6 engine, it was most likely a Waukesha like the Oliver and Minneapolis-Moline gassers for the bigger tractors, since White owned those brands in the 60's-early 70's.

For distributor location on the giesel, I'd suspect it was in the same spot as the injection pump on diesels.

• 2 weeks later...

For the I-6 engine, it was most likely a Waukesha like the Oliver and Minneapolis-Moline gassers for the bigger tractors, since White owned those brands in the 60's-early 70's.

For distributor location on the giesel, I'd suspect it was in the same spot as the injection pump on diesels.

Nope 100% REO gold comet design. Wet sleeves and all.