Model Cars Magazine Forum

Amy, I have you tagged as a favorite seller. It would be a blessing if you announced here when you are getting ready to sell one of Harry's bigger masterpieces. I look often and i don't think I've missed anything but I TRULY want one of his bigger pieces. Of which I would certainly be a caretaker and admirer for all the days i have left.

Please and Thank You.

Bob

Bob- I plan on doing that for a lot of what he has left. I'm kind of slowly circling toward the last 100 or so of his models, most of which are scratchbuilt and the type that I think folks on this forum will be interested in. I will absolutely post here first, as I very much prefer some of you get his work. :) I think I'm on my last or maybe second-to-last auction round on eBay before I start posting the "good stuff" (as in super-customized, HIGHLY detailed work) here first. As my dad explained it, he liked the older cars with less body work so that you could really see how/ what the car was made of. 

Gentlemen (and ladies, if there are any on here?),

Here are four old models I found and am having trouble identifying. These are from my dad's childhood or at least very early adulthood, and they have no identifying words or marks on them (at least to my untrained eye). I thought maybe the first and last ones were Mercer Raceabouts? Can anyone one point me in the right direction? 

20170905_233838.jpg

20170905_233855.jpg

20170905_235035.jpg

20170905_235703.jpg

I believe the yellow car is a 36 Ford convertible made by Monogram (at least the wheels & tires are Monogram). There might be some identifying text cast into the bottom of the model.

This thread seems to match the body: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/101516-monogram-1936-ford/

Edited by blunc
add link

Amy:

Here's the box from the original MPC "Bearcat"...

image.jpeg

Digging those scarves....definitely getting one for the fall season :P

On a more serious note, I am fixing up Harry's Jaguar SS100

one of the front light supports is broken. I don't want to mess with his kit too much and this part fits and is stable 

So do I go all out and modify this to fix it or just leave it as is??? 

IMG_1753.thumb.jpg.481780046822db1aad238

url], on Flickr

Edited by Twokidsnosleep

Although I was not lucky enough to know Harry as may did on this forum, I did respect his words of wisdom. He was quick to offer advice and proper criticism to those who wanted it. He was also an avid builder and his ability to reproduce lifelike features in miniature were well known. Add my name to the list of those fortunate enough to have one of Harry's models in his collection. I became aware of Amy's eBay listings and was fortunate enough to win one of his motorcycles he built. It had suffered from some minor damage prior to shipment. The mirror and one of the levers had broken off. I have since repaired those items and now have it in a case. Also, she did a wonderful job of packing the bike and the box that came with it. Here are some pictures:

Protar  Ducati 888 SP4 Superbike  

Before Shipping

s-l1600

Now

IMG 0008

IMG 0003

Tim- thank you for this post! I love that you're giving it such a beautiful display with a plaque. Thank you!! :) :) :)

• 1 month later...

Digging those scarves....definitely getting one for the fall season :P

On a more serious note, I am fixing up Harry's Jaguar SS100

one of the front light supports is broken. I don't want to mess with his kit too much and this part fits and is stable 

So do I go all out and modify this to fix it or just leave it as is??? 

IMG_1753.thumb.jpg.481780046822db1aad238

url], on Flickr

I'd let the buyer fix the SS headlights. Most people around here can handle it.