Model Cars Magazine Forum

Well, no picture since the knuckle is so small I decided to draw it. Made all out of brass and soldered where indicated. To keep the solder from filling up the steering arm hole, I use a piece of aluminum rod because the solder won't stick to it. Drawing not to scale. The long tube on the bottom can be soldered or glued depending on your wheel type.

BrassKnuckle-vi.jpg

It would seem every time I do working steering, I come up with a new plan.

Edited by gasser59

Exceptional, Brad!

But wait . . . since everything you do is exceptional, I guess this is just your typical, average.  :lol:

*Glad to see you got the picture thing figured out ~ or at least you figured out how to beat Botoph...et!

Edited by Danno

Thanks for your interest fellas. Much appreciated. A bit of bench time and got the chassis attached to the floor, axles are painted and glued in, and rims have been painted. Need to add some silver to the outer most part of the rim yet. Mat just try the new Molotox Liquid Chrome pen.

PWagonPassSide1-vi.jpg

Next up is the firewall along with the coil both inside and outside.

Started work on the interior by making a small storage cabinet. I'm following the interior layout as best as I can make out from the original photo with a few improvisations from looking at the few interior shots I can find on the web.

Cabinet1-vi.jpg

Cabinet2-vi.jpg

That's the great thing about choosing something as obscure  as this for a project.If you can't find the information concerning the exact floor plan for this truck I'm quite sure no one else will pointing out that any particular is incorrect or that you'll be getting a letter from the vintage popcorn wagon owners association scolding you for incorrect details:)

The only place you might find more information might be the Popcorn Museum located in Port Clinton(?),Ohio.I was there a long time ago and at that time they has two originals on display.As always inspiring work!

The Cretor's Company in Chicago was the inventor of the first popcorn machine and is still in business today. They have a couple of these vintage machines on display in their warehouse/showroom.

Edited by gasser59

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...