Model Cars Magazine Forum

Since i had so much fun building the Carney Wagon and also since I just can't seem to get inspired to finish up any of my started projects, I going to make a companion to the Carney Wagon. Here's a picture of something similar I want to build. I'm planning on starting with the same kit as the Carney wagon but will only use a lengthened chassis, hood, engine and drivetrain.

I need to learn about vintage popcorn machines and peanut roasters so I have some work to do. Here's the pic.

BWmaster1-vi.jpg

This should be fun.

Edited by gasser59

Thanks so much for your interest fellas. Much appreciated. I'm finding it hard to get any concentrated bench time lately but was able to get a bit done. I actually scavenged some parts from the Fruit Wagon that will work better than the Panel Delivery as mentioned before. I really like having the cowl as you can see in the first photo. The Panel Delivery didn't have that as the hood went right up to the vertical piece that holds the windshield. Here's a couple of pictures.

FrontBodyParts-vi.jpg

In this second picture you can see what I cut off. I'll need to lengthen the frame by a half an inch for it to match the first photo in this thread.

RemovedBodyParts-vi.jpg

Stay tuned.

Edited by gasser59

I avoided this for a few days, not wanting to see some 'cartoon popcorn ...' , my imagination, unfortunately.

Finally couldn't resist as it kept popping up in New Content ... and so glad I did! This looks like a fun and entertaining project, for both sides. The leading 1:1 photo is really something to shoot for.

I'll be watching. :D

Edited by Foxer

This looks very interesting Brad! Looking at your reference shot I remember as a child a stationary popcorn stand that was identical to the rendering, minus the cowl and rest of the chassis. 

I'll be following close and hope to see it at DSC mext year! Cheers Misha

Thanks for your replies and interest Dan, Curt and Misha. I've spent a bit of time at the bench yesterday although it was Mother's Day. Trying to mate up the cowl, stretched frame and engine cover has me busy. I had to cut off the windshield portion of the one piece cowl and make a taller windshield area. I'll post a few pictures later tonight.

Stay tuned.

Here's those pictures I promised. This thing is so fiddlely and all three pieces need to be held together with clips. The challenge is mating up the cowl portion with the fender section and chassis.

EarlyFrame1-vi.jpg

EarlyFrame2-vi.jpg

EarlyFrame3-vi.jpg

Edited by gasser59

No thanks to the Orville moniker please. Over the weekend, I was able to get the driver's side wooden portion done with trimming around the windows and a door that will eventually be functioning. I also got the wood stained, the chassis and front body work painted gloss black. I'll post some pictures this evening.

I am glad to see you building a classic vendor's truck based on the '23 kit.In the'40' s there was one in my home town here I spent a lot of my weekly allowance money.Another classic model truck under way by one if my favorite builders.Bag me up some with extra butter and salt!Looking forward to watching this one develop under your masterful touch.

Thanks so much for the kind words Tom. Really appreciate you following along.

Here's a couple of quick shots of my progress over this past weekend. Got the driver's side wooden panel done with the door just taped in place as I intend to have it open.

DriversSideWood-vi.jpg

The floor was painted black from underneath and treated with wood stain on the top. This will probably be painted or covered with aluminum sheet, not sure just yet.

And lastly, the fenders and cowl were glued together and painted gloss black. I'll probably dull this down a bit, too glossy.

PaintedFenders-vi.jpg

Stay tuned, hope to get more done this long weekend.

Edited by gasser59