Model Cars Magazine Forum

I have a Ferrari kit in my "stash" and I'm plannin' on usin' Testors Italian Red. I've used this color before, but I forget on which model I sprayed it on?

Testor Italian Red is an orangy red-orange. It's more orange than Chevy Engine Red. I'm given to understand it's a good color for many early/mid-'60s Ferraris, but that Ferrari has used many different shades of red over the years. But I'm FAR from an expert on the breed.

The surface the model is shown on looks like what "Scale-Master" (Mark Jones) frequently uses. If you were able to copy the photo from somewhere on this site, you should be able to PM the builder easily. I'm sure he'd (or whichever other modeler built it) tell you what he used for paint...

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Testor Italian Red is an orangy red-orange. It's more orange than Chevy Engine Red. I'm given to understand it's a good color for many early/mid-'60s Ferraris, but that Ferrari has used many different shades of red over the years. But I'm FAR from an expert on the breed.

One of these models are painted Testors Italian Red and they do not look orangy.