Model Cars Magazine Forum

My Volvo FH16 Box Art build

So, I wanted to build on of the Italeri 1/24 kits. This was my first. I must say the quality of the kits are far better than the AMT/ERTL etc kits. This kit I wanted to just build mostly box art style. However I did decide to paint the frame a metallic blue. So, its no show truck, but it turned out OK. 

IMG_2677.JPG

IMG_2676.JPG

IMG_2675.JPG

IMG_2674.JPG

IMG_2673.JPG

Good looking truck, Man....I like these Euro rigs....Italeri does a pretty good job producing kits that build up well....As a matter of fact, the Italeri Ford Aeromax is what got me started building big trucks way back in 1999.....Good job, Man....

Nice.
Has Italeri finally changed the old TD120F wich has been in all their Volvo kits since the F12 to a newer more D16 like engine?
As far as I'm concerned Italeri's lack of interest to update and do correct engines and drive train for their kits doesn't do it for me and I haven't bought an Italeri Volvo or Scania kit for a very long time.

I like the Italeri kits due to everything fitting and the details are great. I am working on a Pete 359 with NOS Peerless log trailer. I get annoyed every time I pull it out due to the poor fit and finish of every single part. The interior tub is so bad I just junked it and built my own. 

I travel a lot, every week. I mostly fly, but sometimes I drive. When I drive I will take a few kits and supplies with me on my trip to work on in the hotel. I got one the the AMT Gravel trailers and started to sand off all the flash. By the time I was done with it, it looked like I had a Cocaine party in my room, there was white dust everywhere! I can only imagine what the maid thought. :o