Model Cars Magazine Forum

Is anybody else having trouble with the forum not doing anything when hitting the back button ? Not my computer as everything and every other site works okay . I click on a read and when I'm done  I hit the back button and the thing spins for a second and quits. I can reload the forum but no back to where I was .

It has been an intermittent problem for myself. I think it may just have todo with the number of users at the time, but it does seem very slow down loading a thread that I want to read. The system seems to be slow in responding to every command at times and this is why I believe it has more todo with volume than anything else. Other times it works just fine.

Sometimes the page will not scroll for me. Like now! 

That happens to me sometimes too, here and other sites.  Page slows way down and I can't scroll.  Sometimes when this happens, I get a message - "this page is not responding due to a long-running script."  This usually comes with a "Stop Script" button, which may or may not work.  Most times I just close the browser and re-open it.  

I always guess this happens because some marketing pest is running outdated JavaScript or something similar in the background, for data-mining purposes. 

That happens to me sometimes too, here and other sites.  Page slows way down and I can't scroll.  Sometimes when this happens, I get a message - "this page is not responding due to a long-running script."  This usually comes with a "Stop Script" button, which may or may not work.  Most times I just close the browser and re-open it.  

I always guess this happens because some marketing pest is running outdated JavaScript or something similar in the background, for data-mining purposes. 

Wow, the in and out of the browser advice helped! Thanks!! 

It's confusing at best,because I just used my back button and it worked like it should.

The "Back" button doesn't rely on the website. The page is already in your computer's internet cache and all you are doing is redisplaying something that's already in your computer.

The slowness on the board is indeed dependent on how many users are on the board at one time... probably how many are using different boards on the same server.  As you can see, speed varies  at different times of day.  I have the same issue with a program I'm in charge of at work.  There is an overlap when both Europe and USA are on at the same time.  Europe complains that it slows down at 7am Eastern USA time and is slow the rest of the day.  USA complains that it's slow until lunch time, which is when Europe goes home. During that peak period we may have 2000 users logged in.  We were able to add additional memory to the servers.

Edited by Tom Geiger