Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hobby Lobby made my day

I'm still not sure what size to buy. Anyone got suggestions? I plan to use it to repair sprue attachment points and areas that need a little cleaning up.

I'd start with 1mm, should be adequate for that. I have 1, and 2mm. I use the 1mm more often, so far. 

Went looking for a new kit, didn't find one, walked by the art pencil section, found a suprise...Molotow Liquid Chrome markers in 2 & 4 mm sizes, now they are out of the 2 mm......:D:D

Thanks for that heads up. I ran over to my local HL (Destin, FL.) and picked up a 2mm & 4mm on 40% coupons.

Yea, I'll have to stop in with the magic coupon and get one of those pens!

Hobby Lobby is on my way home from Walmart so I stopped in last Sunday... lot empty.... oh yea, now I remember!

Yeah, not sure which is a bigger pain, them being closed on Sundays, or the store that was 2 minutes from where my office now is closed up and moved a couple towns over to a location that the traffic is a PITA to deal with, or then there is the store that is in the opposite direction from home and work, down the road from the HTU I used to work for.......that is also a PITA to get to.

Happy happy joy joy! My HL had the Molotow markers! But I used my coupon this week on the Yenko '69 Corvette--they seem to have gotten several new kits in (nothing on clearance, though). Hopefully my chrome pen will still be there next week.

I looked at the website first thing after reading about this, and wasn't able to find them there even though HL carries other Molotow products.  Stopped at one store this morning, and they had all three sizes on the rack.

I wish A Hobby Lobby would be put up closer to me. The nearest one is over 40 miles away. 

Keep wishing!

The nearest HL to me was near my office, 60 miles from home and 10 miles out of my way!  

Suddenly they announced one in my town.  Yea, I could walk to this one if I wanted to!

I live in Saint John, NB. As far as I know, Hobby Lobby doesn't have Canadian stores. The closest store to me is in Bangor, ME, which is 136 miles. However, I am a long haul truck driver and I have easy access to the HL in Auburn, ME, which is about 221 miles away. I've also been to stores in Niagara Falls, N.Y., and Alamance Crossing, NC. I'll be looking for the Molotow pens now that I know they carry them. :)