Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hobby Lobby made my day

Happy happy joy joy! My HL had the Molotow markers! But I used my coupon this week on the Yenko '69 Corvette--they seem to have gotten several new kits in (nothing on clearance, though). Hopefully my chrome pen will still be there next week.

What do you mean "this week"?

Those coupons say - Offer good for one item at regular price only. Limit one coupon per customer per day.

What do you mean "this week"?

Those coupons say - Offer good for one item at regular price only. Limit one coupon per customer per day.

I posted that on Saturday. What part of Saturday are you having trouble with?:wacko:

I have a Hobby Lobby 'bout 1/2 mile away, but I rarely go there. I do try and support my local hobby shop which is 10 miles a way and grateful that it's still in business. I'm "old school" and have been going to hobby shops since the 50's.

Do they have the Molotow pens ?

Snopes? you have to be kidding, snopes is a site that is more fake news than CNN, do not believe a word of this site, as soon as I seen that it was snopes knew it was not true......

Perhaps if you delved into some actual research, you would think otherwise.
Following is part of the Snopes write up in Wikipedia:

Accuracy[edit]

Jan Harold Brunvand, a folklorist who has written a number of books on urban legends and modern folklore, considered the site so comprehensive in 2004 that he decided to not launch one of his own.[11]

David Mikkelson, the creator of the site, has said that the site receives more complaints of liberal bias than conservative bias, but insists that the same debunking standards are applied to all political urban legends.[22] In 2012, FactCheck.org reviewed a sample of Snopes' responses to political rumors regarding George W. Bush, Sarah Palin, and Barack Obama, and found them to be free from bias in all cases. FactCheck noted that Barbara Mikkelson was a Canadian citizen (and thus unable to vote in US elections) and David Mikkelson was an independent who was once registered as a Republican. "You'd be hard-pressed to find two more apolitical people," David Mikkelson told them.[22][23] In 2012, The Florida Times-Union reported that About.com's urban legends researcher found a "consistent effort to provide even-handed analyses" and that Snopes' cited sources and numerous reputable analyses of its content confirm its accuracy.[24]

Critics of the site have falsely asserted that it is funded by George Soros, or linked sites, but all of Snopes’s revenue is from advertising on the site.[2] The New York Times has stated:

All of Snopes’s revenue — Mr. Mikkelson says he doesn’t know what it is — come from ads. Facebook is not paying for its services. Nor is the billionaire George Soros funding the site, although that is sometimes asserted in anti-Snopes stories.

I posted that on Saturday. What part of Saturday are you having trouble with?:wacko:

Well what you said was "coupon for the week" implying singular. My deepest apologies that I have a life beyond this forum and didn't pay attention to what day of the week it was, night shift will do that to you. 

Normally I don't have any problem with any part of Saturday,  except maybe when the alarm goes off to get up for that night's work. So I'm guessing it must be with your inability to articulate your thoughts into coherent written statements.

The Deerfield, IL store has all three sizes; the 4mm was $11.99 ($7.19 + tax with the coupon).

That's sort of weird.  My local HL (Anderson, SC) had all 3 sizes on Friday.  I got a 1mm and 2mm at $11.99 each.  The 4mm was $12.99. I wondered if it was marked with the wrong price, or the biggest marker just cost more. I didn't get the 4mm, since I remembered reading the threads on this board about Molotow markers.  I figure for anything that big needing to be chromed, Bare Metal Foil or Alclad might be a better solution.

Hobby Lobby made my day again, got 1mm pens yesterday. While looking at Gee Bee's Willys wip, I noticed that he did small detailed chrome work by putting some chrome on cardboard and toothpicking it onto small parts....great idea..

I'm still not sure what size to buy. Anyone got suggestions? I plan to use it to repair sprue attachment points and areas that need a little cleaning up.

I've purchased all 3. They each have their use. Though I do find the 2mm my main go to. It seems to be the right size for most jobs. Including doing what you want to do, repair spruce attachment points.

Scott

Model Roundup carries all three sizes, I believe...... Jack said the 1mm pens were selling out pretty fast....

Thats my issue tho. I can't order online! I have no credit or Debit card... so I have to find things locally, or just simply do without..... Being disabled, and fighting for Disability has its limitations (which is what I'm doing) and right now, I'm in that "waiting game" with a Lawyer, awaiting to have a hearing with a judge, for determination of my case. SO I'm on a really tight budget, and thats why I do as much trading as I do, as it does help me get things that I can support locally, to local small business....

NOW to get those said local business to carry these pens, I'd have it made!

Working in Virginia this week I found the Hobby Lobby in Glen Allen today at lunch. Did some walking around as it was laid out a little differently and stumbled on a display of Ott lamps that were on clearance. Originally marked $59.99, got one today for $21.49!  Did some more walking around and found a Revell Finks Speedwagon on clearance for $8.49 and while a buck higher than Ollies, I grabbed it figuring it will get parted out.