Model Cars Magazine Forum

SLUMP BUSTER CBP!

Jantrix

Just a few sessions sam-0870.htmlat the bench on this one. Palmer 1/32 Screamin Demon. Shot the frame with Testor's gloss black from the rattle can, body shot first with Testors silver followed by Testor's rattle can 1642 Customer Gold Metal Flake, which is almost a candy color. The only airbrush usage was the brown interior and Alclad Chrome. . This is NOT a great kit, and the long side pipes were simply hideous, so I bobbed them at the bend, and drilled them open. Otherwise, this a is box stock build. 

Image result

SAM 0870

SAM 0865

SAM 0866

With bottle of paint for scale.

SAM 0863

https://goo.gl/images/P4YqYK

https://goo.gl/images/AUiNBA

Hmm. Not the worst Palmer kit I've ever seen. Especially in that scale. My very first car model ever, back in about 2nd grade was the Palmer 1/32 Mustang convertible. Even at that age it was a big disappointment, but so were my skills so they suited each other.

The nice work you did on this could start changing people's opinions about Palmers :o.

Raptor repainted Red, straight from the can. I'm going to let it cure up a couple more days before wet sanding then clear. Going to use the same brand clear out of the can, Rust-Oleum Painter's Touch. Hoping to get the chassis done in the morning along with the wheels.

20170609_192108_zpsh1fvc0qf.jpg

Nice work on that Palmer kit.

My slump is too well entrenched....

I hear ya. Right now, slump or no my model time has taken a serious hit lately because we've moved to a place where I actually want to go out and do things outdoors. Plus my wife works third shift and sleeps during the day. My work bench is in the bedroom.

Edited by Jantrix

Sorry to be absent so long long. As the CBP originator its kinda bad form to start it and then bail, but building time is at a premium of late. The Catalina is painted. For fast builds, flat paint is my go-to. After a couple of days, I'll hit it with a dullcoat and start the foiling. 

20170625_101024_zps2dfxeo36.jpg

20170625_101010_zpsoqlavxfa.jpg

Sorry to be absent so long long. As the CBP originator its kinda bad form to start it and then bail, but building time is at a premium of late. The Catalina is painted. For fast builds, flat paint is my go-to. After a couple of days, I'll hit it with a dullcoat and start the foiling. 

20170625_101024_zps2dfxeo36.jpg

20170625_101010_zpsoqlavxfa.jpg

Love that colour what is it Rob?

Some work done. To make this pop without adding detail, I gotta rely on contrast and some detail painting.

I'll get some pics up when I find a replacement for Photobucket.

34858034334_6ee4aa741f_k.jpg

34858037424_0aefb57686_k.jpg

34889563393_1885e4d5a3_k.jpg

35568294071_ed30f92fc8_k.jpg

Edited by Jantrix

• 2 weeks later...

If I had known to look farther down the page, I would have seen this and would have entered this CBP.  This is my slump buster, the Foose 2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8.  I did a little detail painting on the chassis and interior and lowered the suspension.  Other than that, I built it out-of-box.

FooseChallenger10.JPG

FooseChallenger09.JPG

FooseChallenger08.JPG

Got a little done on the interior this weekend... I originally had it black and tan. Then decided I wanted to see what black and leather looked like. I liked it last night, thinking I should have left it tan. But it's still not bad looking..

IMG_20170716_065344916.thumb.jpg.1f614e5

Stay tuned...

Here's my latest slump-buster: Revell snapper Concept Camaro. Didn't paint it (except for the standard details and such), so I substituted "scribe" and "polish" for the paint step. Spent most of the time on this one rescribing all the door and panel lines, which really helps the finished look. Easiest body I ever polished out--did it all with Walmart Trim nail sticks; didn't have to use my beloved Wright's Silver Cream for anything. (It's actually shinier in real life than it looks in the pics.)

Rather than spend a lot of time laboriously hand-brushing the wheel spokes with a flat aluminum or steel, as I usually do, I just rattlecanned the entire chrome wheels with a clear satin (or flat, I forget which I used).

It don't get more "out of the box" than this.

ConceptCamaro03.thumb.jpg.0c3541974acd2c

ConceptCamaro04.thumb.jpg.d24c451860fc2d

ConceptCamaro10.thumb.jpg.345e20460c9ecb

Edited by Snake45

Michael, Jeremy, good work.

I've decided against the flat black. I have recently got my air brush set up complete and some paints. I'm going to use this as a test vehicle with my first air brush paint job. Going into the purple pond. Stay tuned.

• 2 months later...

Wow! Last post is July 31!! You guys must have slipped back into a slump! Get with it!! 

I'm going to jump in on this one. I have managed to get out of a slump recently and re-started a project that I have been dying to do for a long time. I figured I may as well post it up here. Pictures to follow as soon as I get them loaded.

Later-

Edited by Modlbldr