• Announcements

• General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 

SLUMP BUSTER CBP!

32 posts in this topic

Posted

Just a few sessions sam-0870.htmlat the bench on this one. Palmer 1/32 Screamin Demon. Shot the frame with Testor's gloss black from the rattle can, body shot first with Testors silver followed by Testor's rattle can 1642 Customer Gold Metal Flake, which is almost a candy color. The only airbrush usage was the brown interior and Alclad Chrome. . This is NOT a great kit, and the long side pipes were simply hideous, so I bobbed them at the bend, and drilled them open. Otherwise, this a is box stock build. 

Image result

SAM 0870

SAM 0865

SAM 0866

With bottle of paint for scale.

SAM 0863

https://goo.gl/images/P4YqYK

https://goo.gl/images/AUiNBA

Posted

Hmm. Not the worst Palmer kit I've ever seen. Especially in that scale. My very first car model ever, back in about 2nd grade was the Palmer 1/32 Mustang convertible. Even at that age it was a big disappointment, but so were my skills so they suited each other.

The nice work you did on this could start changing people's opinions about Palmers :o.

Posted

Raptor repainted Red, straight from the can. I'm going to let it cure up a couple more days before wet sanding then clear. Going to use the same brand clear out of the can, Rust-Oleum Painter's Touch. Hoping to get the chassis done in the morning along with the wheels.

20170609_192108_zpsh1fvc0qf.jpg

Nice work on that Palmer kit.

Posted

I seriously need to do something like this. I haven't had much motivation on my funny car as of late and I am sure its because I am burnt out on it but still trying to finish it so I can move on to some fun projects.

Posted

Happy to have you Chris.

Posted

My slump is too well entrenched....

Posted (edited)

My slump is too well entrenched....

I hear ya. Right now, slump or no my model time has taken a serious hit lately because we've moved to a place where I actually want to go out and do things outdoors. Plus my wife works third shift and sleeps during the day. My work bench is in the bedroom.

Edited by Jantrix