Model Cars Magazine Forum

64 impala limo done

426 pack

This is my first time stretching a car. One of the cars are Revell's low rider impalas and the other is Revell's  foose impala and from what I have see from the two kits they are the same exept for the custom parts that they come with so most parts are universal. 

Comments welcome

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by 426 pack

Thanks for all the comments everyone. Here is a mockup pic and some pics of the frame and inside of the  limpala (limo impala)  it will have a 327 small block that the kit came with, it will be lowed a little bit, the color will probably be black and it will have exhaust exiting from in front of the rear wheel wells.  

comments welcome    

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Just started body work today after getting primer on last night. This is my first time doing body work so any pointer or suggestion on what I should do would be great. I plan on painting the motor and interior today and maybe get the fist coat of black on the car.

coments welcome  

image.jpg

Edited by 426 pack

Got paint on it last night and the top where I did body work didn't turnout the best so it will need a second coat. I got the motor almost done just needs to be wired and interior done this morning. The space between the drivers seat and the back seats will ether have a 60s TV set or a table let me know what you think would be best tv or table????

thanks. Comments welcome    

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

If you are looking for similar bodies to your stretch google "'64 Chevrolet Airporter'.Some builders of stretched cars built these for airport transport services.I have seen them built on Chevy bodies from '57 on.they were mostly eight door cars so although not glamour queens the basic principle and proportions would be the same.I believe a slightly arched roof would have also been approrpriate looking.Thanks for sharing.

If you are looking for similar bodies to your stretch google "'64 Chevrolet Airporter'.Some builders of stretched cars built these for airport transport services.I have seen them built on Chevy bodies from '57 on.they were mostly eight door cars so although not glamour queens the basic principle and proportions would be the same.I believe a slightly arched roof would have also been approrpriate looking.Thanks for sharing.

Somewhere in my stash of literature I have a book about limos. I was surprised to see photos of a '65 Chevy stretched for airport duty, just as Tom mentioned. Apparently it was common to stretch "everyday" cars such as Impalas or Buicks back in the 60s. Not all limos were Caddys or Lincolns. So, Cale's creation is in the norm after all. I like it!