Model Cars Magazine Forum

Vanishing Point Dodge Challenger

Plashdaddy

Hi! I bought the AMT Vanishing Point Kit, and had read that the new bonnet / hood (without the hole) was ordinary. Didn't think it'd be THIS ordinary lol (first pic is the new hood, looks terrible) So here's my effort to fill the hole on the much better fitting 'Yankee Challenge' hood. Next is glueing the roof on and getting rid of the vinyl pattern on the roof. Wish me luck.

IMG_1796.JPG

IMG_1798.JPG

IMG_1825.JPG

IMG_1827.JPG

Looks great so far. It seems difficult to retain the window trim moldings where the top attaches above the windshield. I hope what ever glue or epoxy that you used at the C pillar will hold with handling during construction. Depending on the fit of the interior in that area you might consider a very thin reinforcement in that area if you have a problem.

Nice start on that hood! Yeah I must say that resin one looks a BIT plain! I've not got this kit, as of yet, I would like to score another 1/25th scale '70 Challenger myself to make one a R/T and the other to become a '71 Challenger R/T...... (I do however have the 1/24th '70 Challenger T/A kit too!) BUT that one may remain what its meant to be!

Any plans of engine and body color yet?

Sorry I don't update very often, stupid work gets in the way of modeling. 

Mr 426 Hemi sir, that bonnet isn't resin, it's the one Round 2 include in the box. It's awful.

As for colour / engine this one is a 100% Kowalski Special.

Put the first coat on today after finishing the roof. Still needs work.

IMG_2049.JPG

IMG_2050.JPG

IMG_2052.JPG

• 2 months later...