Model Cars Magazine Forum

Got this 65 chevy kit for valentines. I don't have much time anymore to build but, I have body dropped it and I want to turn it into a dually with semi wheels, which aren't as easy to find and when I did find them they weren't very cheap.. I decided to make my own using 3/4 pvc pipe and cutting them to the right width and used a router to rout the lip and channel of the wheel.. I'll have more pics of me building the wheels

IMG_0157.JPG

IMG_0154.JPG

IMG_0155.JPG

IMG_0156.JPG

IMG_0158.JPG

I am definitely interested in seeing this one come together

Got a little more done to the wheels. I used a pvc cap and cut it to fit snug, I just have to make the center section and drill the holes. It's a lot of work but my time cost me nothing and I have a total of 5 dollars Into all the wheels once they're done.

IMG_0181.JPG

IMG_0182.JPG

IMG_0183.JPG

IMG_0184.JPG

IMG_0185.JPG

I've been working off and on a '64. Won't be a dually though. Body dropped and custom frame. There lies the problem, the frame. On my third design. Can't wait to see what you do here.

Holy cow this is awesome.....making truck wheels from plastic piping..........Gonna be watching

Cool idea and workmanship on making the wheels.

Be Well

Gator

Very creative solution for making unique wheels and tires.I'll be tuning in for your updated posts.

took a little detour, still gonna be a dually, just making a utility bed for it also. Hopefully I'll start paint soon, gonna go with a worn/patina paint job..

IMG_0470.JPG