Model Cars Magazine Forum

MAD Chevy/ GMC long beds

Thank you very much for the kind words.  Next up for the pick up guys will be a standard wheelbase long bed for the 73-79 AMT Ford trucks. 

That is awesome to hear Kris, any chance that you will do a short bed for the 73-79 Fords too?

• 2 months later...

I'm looking for a Longbed Stepside for the AMT 1960-61 Chevy.

Does your outfit make one? I'm trying to replicate the truck I learned to drive in.

The only long bed stepside available in kit form that I know of is from a long ago issue of a 72(ish) Chevy pickup from MPC. The fenders would be incorrect but it's the closest thing to what you are looking for. Of course you could source two Revell 65 Chevy step side kit beds and lengthen them, along with the chassis.

I have not seen any resin step side beds for GM trucks for any years.

The only long bed stepside available in kit form that I know of is from a long ago issue of a 72(ish) Chevy pickup from MPC. The fenders would be incorrect but it's the closest thing to what you are looking for. Of course you could source two Revell 65 Chevy step side kit beds and lengthen them, along with the chassis.

I have not seen any resin step side beds for GM trucks for any years.

If you combine the aforementioned long box, the more common and affordable '55-7 Chevy step side pickup fenders are correct or use the custom frnders from the AMT 53 F100 kit. Those need a bitof work, but lots of guys never used them so they are likely available,Tailgates were the same from 55 though 72 for the step side trucks.