Model Cars Magazine Forum

'61 Ranchero (Old 60's Custom Rescue)

Greg Pugh

I'm finding that in resto/refurb work, I'm often trying to honor the OB's vision, at least insofar as it doesn't completely disagree with my own. Drive on!

Exactly! The original builder had some good ideas but lacked a little bit in execution. Lol

You're a brave man, Greg! I'm sure you'll make it look killer.

-Art

I sure hope so!

Right you are Rich!!  Ol' Greg's at it again!!

Lmao!

I can't believe how nicely that thing cleaned up!  Great workmanship on the rebuild.

Thank you so much!

So I had already rounded up this guy because I needed glass and the tonneau cover. After looking at the supplied interior, it appears to already be tucked and rolled! Plus, it will require zero modification so the decision was easy for me!

IMG 2273

IMG 2274

Here's another "vote" for the '59 Chevy headlights and tube grille — it really makes it look good as well as different. I think that the seats are the first ones that I've seen that have backs that are shorter than the cushions. Some headrests will help that out. Keep us posted.

Doncha just love it when you get "another idea" in the middle of a custom build like this and suddenly you look around and you've multiple kits wrapped up in a single build? LOL. I do know a thing or two about that feeling. lololol. :D

Keep up the good work Greg.